• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch Refwatch ........ Solihull Moors (H)

Mick

Life President
Hardly a clash of in form clubs – Solihull have won just one in their last eight league matches, we’ve won one of our last seven. We have yet to beat Solihull after three attempts so it’s about time we did.

Saturday’s match is due to be refereed by Lewis Smith from Wigan. He is in his fourth season as a National League referee and appears to be a certainty for promotion to the Football League at the end of the season, if not sooner. He has already been given four Football League matches, two Football League Trophy matches and an FA Cup tie involving Charlton. His progress is unlikely to have been hindered by his day job being employed by Lancashire County FA as Football Services Officer and responsible for the recruitment, retention and development of all referees across Lancashire at both grassroots and elite levels. He is a keen Wigan Athletic supporter.

He has refereed Southend twice previously. Last season he took charge of our first home match in the National League, televised, against Stockport. A 0-1 defeat and 5 yellow cards – our two were Ralph and Agogo. I’m not sure the referee impressed too many people that day but given some that have followed, his performance might be viewed in a slightly more favourable light.

His second game, also last season and also televised was the away match at Bromley. A 1-1 draw and two yellows (Hobson and Atkinson) to us with one to them. I can’t remember too many, if any, issues with him.

His 16 matches at National League level or higher have produced 57 yellows and, as yet, no reds.

He was also Fourth Official for our Friday night draw at Tranmere some years back.

The down-side of him being highly rated is that if they need to pull a referee to cover a Football League game at short notice, it'll most probably be him.

Assisting will be Ryan Williams from Coventry and Christopher Myatt from Dartford.

Fourth Official is Richie Watkins from Nuneaton who performed the same role in that match at Bromley last season.

Assisting will be Ryan Williams from Coventry and Christopher Myatt from Dartford.

Fourth Official is Richie Watkins from Nuneaton who performed the same role in that match at Bromley last season.

Just one change of no great import; Richie Watkins is replaced by former Heybridge Swifts goalkeeper, Ollie Morris-Sanders from Ipswich, who was once sent off for striking a team-mate.

Just one change of no great import; Richie Watkins is replaced by former Heybridge Swifts goalkeeper, Ollie Morris-Sanders from Ipswich, who was once sent off for striking a team-mate.
Jeez !!! 🤔

Whoever plays, I'm hoping to see a significant amount of effort, skill and if possible entertainment. With the current overall status of the team and inconsistent performances must make selection problematic, hence I do not comment on team selection or after game performance, it's highly subjective. Win lose or draw, if the first sentence of the post can be achieved I will have got my money's worth. However a 10.0 thrashing would be fooking brilliant.

Whoever plays, I'm hoping to see a significant amount of effort, skill and if possible entertainment. With the current overall status of the team and inconsistent performances must make selection problematic, hence I do not comment on team selection or after game performance, it's highly subjective. Win lose or draw, if the first sentence of the post can be achieved I will have got my money's worth. However a 10.0 thrashing would be fooking brilliant.
Wrong thread, twxt!

Nice to have a good ref for once, know he's a good ref as id completely forgotten about him when walking out the ground

Agree with all the positive comments though there are some blokes near me in the West who were slagging him off - nothing new there as they slag off every referee that we ever have. "Welcome to the game referee" is their normal witty repartee!!

Didn't really notice he was there, which is a good sign (I think Demi sold him early on, mind..with a yellow for their striker !)

Wow everybody is striking.

Didn't really notice he was there, which is a good sign (I think Demi sold him early on, mind..with a yellow for their striker !)
Was that a late foul in first half, over by West, infront of TBV?
Play had moved up pitch seconds before so I only saw Demi down, was it a bit of nothing then?

Back