• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
Given we have landed a brand new swanky ex Prem manager - are the play off possible -

(Sorry for asking but I can never work out the if this happened and if that happens maths)

2 wins and things could look quite different. fingers crossed the 'new manager effect' kicks in.

What a positive thread with a possible happy ending stop it now!

Even worse we are talking about football matches involving our beloved club and players. Whatever next?

What with the Rochdale postponement and the rubbish 3 home games we need to end this month with a positive result on the pitch on Friday which will hopefully lighten the mood off it.

Fleetwood are 3 points in front of us & we have a game in hand, they believe they have a chance of the play offs, so why shouldn't we?

if we get 2 wins in 2, it's game on!!!

ORANGE PHILS BARMY ARMY!!!!!

On paper yes, feel more confident now than I did with Sturrock here as felt he lost the ability to motivate but think its unlikely personally.

But this is if the game goes ahead on Friday Looking at the weather up north last night I would say the game has only a 50-50 chance of going ahead .And if the pitch has a quick thaw then it could be waterlogged .

Given we have landed a brand new swanky ex Prem manager - are the play off possible -

(Sorry for asking but I can never work out the if this happened and if that happens maths)

Is that a silent S or are you being serious this time?

It is possible, but highly unlikely.

Will need to win at least 6 out of the last 7 to stand a chance.

If we assume that our rivals for that 7th place are Fleetwood, Rothrerham, Exeter, Cheltenham and Bradford we probably have the best run-in. Not that this will mean much if we don't win our games.

We also play both Fleetwood and Bradford so can deny both of them three points.

Bradford also have to play Cheltenham, who also have to play Exeter.

Exeter have to play Rotherham.

So there are enough six pointers there to give us hope. BUT we must win all, or all but one, of our remaining games which would give us the 73 points that will probably be necessary. We could maybe win five and draw two and squeak into 7th place too.

Whatever, there is still hope, but that will be extinguished by next Tuesday if we don't win both matches (unless the weather intervenes of course.....).

Simples......

So having dismissed any thought of play offs being a possibility and just happily looking forward to next season now I again have a glimmer of hope. As the signature of one of our posters says, I can handle the despair its the hope thats the problem (or words to that effect).:sad:

It's very refreshing to see the difference in attitiude already, well at least in the press.

I appreciate that talking the talk is one thing, but for once we have the players and management talking about possibilities and six points from two games. I grew tiresome of reading the same interviews every week saying how our opponents that week were a tricky side, or in form, or on a high or looking to bounce back. It's almost like our players and management were looking for excuses before we played.

4 Points this Easter is the absolute minimum, but if we get 6 points this weekend then maybe, just maybe. We as fans all have a huge part to play in that. Forget money, Forget Sturrock, Forget Wembley and Forget the Chairman....let's get behind the players and maybe a small miracle could happen. This is why we all love sport after all.

UTB

and if we are to hit the playoffs after that sort of run, it would have been a great time to do it !!!....

Possible? We have a glimmer of hope IF we win at Bradford and beat Fleetwood. Anything less than 6pts and it's game over.

Do I personally think we can do it? No. Those 3 "easy" home games in a week have killed us off.

Back