• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It would be interesting to know if we have offered more or less than we did to Bentley when we tried to get him to stay.

Why? Bentley had no intention of signing a new contract with us, regardless of what we were offering

He hasn't, Cox and MAF have both been coached in the premier league.

Didnt say Cox and MAF hadnt. You can SEE it because Theo shows it. The runs Theo makes it those into space between defenders and he takes chances. The sort of chances i'm talking about are the ones that mean he follows the ball (where others stop) in the hope. He's not a natural goalscorer, but will get goals at this level given the confidence to do so. I like MAF and Cox, both give their all, but they play back to goal too much, season after season we have a good team with strikers that dont score. Even more important if we are to play with two decent wingers who will slot the ball behind defences, turning the defences around.

A good friend tells me that BC is a ****.This would seem to evidence for that view.FWIW,I really liked Cox.Effort+class.Pity about the lack of goals,though.

You don’t exactly have a good track record judging players with the initials BC.

I thought Simon Cox scored something like 26 goals in two seasons at Southend, and he has often played without a regular target striker alongside him.

It would be a real shame to lose him because he is clearly such a capable player, and maybe the best is yet to come from him in a Southend shirt.

I think he would thrive next season with Chris Powell as manager.

Why do you think he’d thrive with CP as manager?

Good players (which Cox is) don’t necessarily make good fits. I didn’t see anything from CP’s matches in charge that made me think he’d be a great fit. Theo was the striker who improved under CP’s style of play. What did you see that makes you think Cox will fit the way CP wants us to play?

Didnt say Cox and MAF hadnt. You can SEE it because Theo shows it. The runs Theo makes it those into space between defenders and he takes chances. The sort of chances i'm talking about are the ones that mean he follows the ball (where others stop) in the hope. He's not a natural goalscorer, but will get goals at this level given the confidence to do so. I like MAF and Cox, both give their all, but they play back to goal too much, season after season we have a good team with strikers that dont score. Even more important if we are to play with two decent wingers who will slot the ball behind defences, turning the defences around.

Ok I see what you mean, they have all been coached at a higher level (MAF & Cox Prem and Theo Championship). But you are saying you can see it with Theo.

Personally I think you can see the high level of coaching that MAF and Cox have had in their ideas, unfortunately not all the team are on the same wavelength. A player with Theo's pace will have been told to gamble and constantly make runs his whole career, it's pretty much all he has in his locker. I have a lot of time for Theo as a player, I think if you play to his strengths he will always be a danger.

You don’t exactly have a good track record judging players with the initials BC.

Why do you think he’d thrive with CP as manager?

Good players (which Cox is) don’t necessarily make good fits. I didn’t see anything from CP’s matches in charge that made me think he’d be a great fit. Theo was the striker who improved under CP’s style of play. What did you see that makes you think Cox will fit the way CP wants us to play?

I'd agree with this

Ha! No judgement of mine involved here.I was merely repeating some interesting gossip that I'd heard from a friend (whose opinion I respect) about Coker.

I respect my barber but he does sometimes talk bollox. He once told me we were signing a new forward that afternoon and we signed Ferdinand instead! See, it can happen Barna.

I respect my barber but he does sometimes talk bollox. He once told me we were signing a new forward that afternoon and we signed Ferdinand instead! See, it can happen Barna.

Ha! My mate's usually on the money.Can't remember the last time he gave me a bum steer about SUFC.FWIW,he's not a great fan of Ferdinand's, either.I,on the other hand,quite like him.There's no question that his legs have gone though and we'll do well to get anyone to take him on loan next season.

Ha! My mate's usually on the money.Can't remember the last time he gave me a bum steer about SUFC.FWIW,he's not a great fan of Ferdinand's, either.I,on the other hand,quite like him.There's no question that his legs have gone though and we'll do well to get anyone to take him on loan next season.

Im sure PB will be making inquiries about Anton, Tims and MAF

I wouldn't be too sure to write him off; he started last season injured and in mental anguish, played when others cried off with injury when he also was less than fully fit. He has something to prove, he is determined, he wants to keep playing (not bench warming) so I won't be surprised if he does play and plays like he did in the purple patch at the end of season 16/17.

Wouldnt MAF be a great signing for a league 2 club, give it one last big hurrah, a bit like the Goat?

Agreed, if the beast Akinfenwa can do a good job at a League 2 level, i'm sure MAF can also.

Norman Wabo's retweeting some odd stuff.

Norman Wabo Retweeted
don't forget to pray when life is great

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Diddy
Make your next move, your best move!!!

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Gucci Mane
I wake up smiling because I know I'm highly favored

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Biggie
Appreciate the struggle because that is what is gonna build you

[/B]

I wouldn't be too sure to write him off; he started last season injured and in mental anguish, played when others cried off with injury when he also was less than fully fit. He has something to prove, he is determined, he wants to keep playing (not bench warming) so I won't be surprised if he does play and plays like he did in the purple patch at the end of season 16/17.

My old man sat next to Mrs Ferdinand for a couple of games towards the end of last season. She said Anton loves it here and the family are well settled, they both like the area, school etc.

My old man sat next to Mrs Ferdinand for a couple of games towards the end of last season. She said Anton loves it here and the family are well settled, they both like the area, school etc.

He said pretty well as much when we gave him a lift home after the Trust AGM.

Norman Wabo Retweeted

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Diddy

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Gucci Mane

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Biggie

It's a Kanye West style meltdown.

Norman Wabo Retweeted

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Diddy

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Gucci Mane

Norman Wabo Retweeted
Biggie

He is a bit of an oddball on Twitter and likes some bizarre stuff.

Back