• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Remaining fixtures of our playoff rivals

Any other side apart from this Southend team with all our issues probably should be relegated or at least worrying seriously about relegation- but because of our outstanding manager and players we are talking about playoffs in the last week of the season. Quite an achievement.

I do however think Halifax will get the points they need and this run of games in other northern towns might galvanise them.

Let’s enjoy Saturday (whatever happens between now and then) and show our appreciation to one of our most unique seasons and squads.

I was looking and Halifax have got to travel an hour to Accrington on Tuesday, then an hour and a half on Thursday to Chesterfield and then 4 hours 40 to Eastleigh on Saturday, each time in competitive games, it's not an easy task for them.

We just need Gateshead to beat Aldershot on Wednesday and they can't catch us as well. The goal difference is really important here as well.

It's all getting a little bit exciting lol
When you actually start breaking it down, our chances of play offs don't look as much as long shot now. With Halifax playing at neutral stadiums in space 3 days isn't particularly ideal for them, also when they play oldham i wouldn't be surprised if oldham fans outnumber Halifax fans which could make that bit of home game for oldham but that will depend on how Aldershot get on the night before for there own play off aspirations. I'm starting to think we may just sneak in.

When you actually start breaking it down, our chances of play offs don't look as much as long shot now. With Halifax playing at neutral stadiums in space 3 days isn't particularly ideal for them, also when they play oldham i wouldn't be surprised if oldham fans outnumber Halifax fans which could make that bit of home game for oldham but that will depend on how Aldershot get on the night before for there own play off aspirations. I'm starting to think we may just sneak in.
Absolutely, I think we all know how tough it still is, one win for Halifax and it's over but 3 games in a week, and all of them away from their home, having just lost their last game as well, the pressure is building on them.

Ebbsfleet are going to be fighting for their lives, Oldham are fighting to get into the playoffs as well, it's not over! I just want to see Gateshead finish off Aldershots chances tomorrow so it's down to 1 team. Here's hoping.

Oldham are fighting to get into the playoffs as well

Not sure about them “fighting”…

Oldham fans, and quite rightly so, are furious with their team at the moment.
They have literally thrown a play off spot down the swanny with a dreadful run of results, 6 points from their last 9 games (not a single win).

Their players and management are getting pelters left, right and centre with accusations of having thrown in the towel and putting on a sun bed ready for their end of season holidays!

Not sure about them “fighting”…

Oldham fans, and quite rightly so, are furious with their team at the moment.
They have literally thrown a play off spot down the swanny with a dreadful run of results, 6 points from their last 9 games (not a single win).

Their players and management are getting pelters left, right and centre with accusations of having thrown in the towel and putting on a sun bed ready for their end of season holidays!
I get your point, they're certainly not winning the fight at the moment but they should definitely be doing their upmost. Hopefully they come out on top on Thursday!

Reactions: JD
I get your point, they're certainly not winning the fight at the moment but they should definitely be doing their upmost. Hopefully they come out on top on Thursday!
indeed, here’s hoping, just have a feeling Halifax will get it done tomorrow, Ebbsfleet are cack away from home.

I feel as though we need Chesterfield to get off their sun loungers and get a result against Gateshead tonight. Otherwise, if they win, the Heed will be safely in the play-offs and will probably rest players on Wednesday against the Shots.

Ah, but there's also the issue of where in the play-offs they'll finish - the Heed can still secure a home tie so there's an incentive there to win their games in hand.

Sorry if I missed it, but what is wrong with the Halifax pitch? Just consistently waterlogged?

Halifax fans are very angry that they are having to play two home games away from home. Some claiming that there season ticket is worthless due to travel.

Sponsors are also giving the club a hard time.

Pressure to get results and so many games away from home may just help our cause.

Personally believe that our dreams will be transfered to next season tomorrow night. If Ebbsfleet do something remarkable I'll start to get a bit more interested. May well have a look at National League TV. Difficult choice between that and Barcelona v PSG......hoping the latter get stuffed!

Back