• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Remember Stoke striker Ngoy? Well he’s been loaned to Zurich

Only for him to leave his boots back home in Stoke meaning a quick visit to sports direct or any other establishment that sells football boots to get a cheap pair!
Or having to wear a pair of plimsolls that are 2 sizes too big out of the lost property box!

I thought it was 5pm on Thursday 9th August.

The same as the Premier League, & selling and loan players can go on until the 31st August.

Again, I might be wrong.

Here is the ruling -

"Usually the English summer transfer window closes at the end of August, but this year, the official deadline has been set at 17:00 BST on Thursday, 9 August.
That means English clubs must complete transfer deals to buy players before the Premier League season starts on Saturday, 11 August.
The EFL season is set to begin a week before on 4 August and clubs outside the top flight will still be able to sign unregistered players and loanees until 31 August."

Here is the ruling -

"Usually the English summer transfer window closes at the end of August, but this year, the official deadline has been set at 17:00 BST on Thursday, 9 August.
That means English clubs must complete transfer deals to buy players before the Premier League season starts on Saturday, 11 August.
The EFL season is set to begin a week before on 4 August and clubs outside the top flight will still be able to sign unregistered players and loanees until 31 August."

Just as i thought then.

Plenty of time to sign him, either on a one year contract or on a season loan.

Forgive me if I did,

I just replied to the post about the latest signing and if we can sign Ngoy as a player on the team sheet.

Or any other decent Championship striker for that matter...

What's with the 5th of August that get's your goat up... who knows,?.... I don't see any departures other than Anton.

Last edited:
Forgive me if I did,

I just replied to the post about the latest signing and if we can sign Ngoy as a player on the team sheet.

Or any other decent Championship striker for that matter...

What's with the 5th of August that get's your goat up... who knows,?.... I don't see any departures other than Anton.

mattiouk... I don't think Spaceman's goat is up... he was making a joke. The question was how late can we sign someone to play on Saturday Aug 4th and your apparent response to that was August 9th.

It made me chuckle, anyway.

Not sure what the 5th August has to do with anything and we're talking about players coming in, not leaving... I think you've massively missed something here.

But if we signed Doctor Who on the 5th , they could still play in the 4th.....
Same for Marty McFly provided Ron has a spare Fluxcapacator lying around ...

In then end you would think they would get it done so he could have a couple of training sessions before Sat- not sure who it helps to leave it till the last minute unless he's hoping someone else will come. Not as is if its a permanent with contracts to be negotiated and agents in the way?

In then end you would think they would get it done so he could have a couple of training sessions before Sat- not sure who it helps to leave it till the last minute unless he's hoping someone else will come. Not as is if its a permanent with contracts to be negotiated and agents in the way?
The only thing I can think is happening is that the player isn’t keen to come

The only thing I can think is happening is that the player isn’t keen to come

Which brings us back to SCP statement that he is not interested in players unless they 100% want to be here. There is a thought that Mr. Ngoy rates himself very highly- not an issue if channelled correctly.

His name is Fontaine Ndanu Julien Murals Ngoy Bin Cibambi and the contracts department went into meltdown trying to spell it right. Then Ron was lobbied by the dudes that put the names on the shirts and it was decided that the deal be put on ice until Julien accepted a more practical 'known as' name to wear on his back. Apparently he has objected to The Bin Man.

The lack of any further news isn't very encouraging is it? If something doesn't break today I reckon we should move on towards another target.

IIRC the Shayon Harrison loan signing was known about for well over a week before it was finalised on deadline day. With that precedent I wouldn't read too much into there being no further news.

Back