• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Caught the eye of PB massively in pre-season.

There's a link here with old player Peter Butler! (article from 2014)

http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?aid=39569

Interestingly, Butler is a former player of Southend United, the current club of the 16-year-old midfielder. Batlokwa has received rave reviews in the UK and has declared he is ready to do duty for the Zebras. The player who turns 17 in December left the country at the age of 10 and settled in London.

He had trials at Arsenal while playing for the Under-13 squad. Batlokwa anxiously awaits his chance to be part of the Zebras set-up. “As long as the managers think I am ready, then I believe I can do my best to make my country proud,” he told Mmegi Sport.

He is described as a skillful midfielder who creates loads of chances for strikers. Batlokwa is a product of the Botswana National Sports Council (BNSC) development programme, Re Ba Bona Ha. He started football at a young age of six and was part of the Notwane youth team.

He moved to the UK when he was 10 and joined Essex Thurrock. Batlokwa has been described as a player who can change the game in an instant.

Southend United manager, Ricky Duncan is full of praise for him. “He is an exceptional player, very gifted. He is technical and has a bright future. Definitely he can be an asset to the Botswana national team,” Duncan told Mmegi Sport from the UK yesterday.

Batlokwa is inching closer to a professional contract, which would see him break into the first team. The Southend United first team campaigns in League Two.In one of his recent matches, his coach Dave Huzzey had this to say about him:

“Renei, who played in centre-midfield, was different class today. He’s a player that we’re all really excited to work with next year; he didn’t look like an Under-16s player playing in a youth team game.

However, physically, he is and he did get out-muscled, but technically and tactically he’s brilliant”.

Sweet - hopefully we can bring him through like Jack Payne and get some performances out of him.

This is from same paper, earlier in 2016

Butler is a former Southend player and said he is keeping tabs on the youngster, whose contract was recently renewed.

“I am in touch with him. He just got an extension to his deal, he is on my radar. We will not involve him at the moment. It is better he develops in that environment and then can look at him as he progresses.

The general impression is that he has a bright future and he can’t afford to take his foot off the pedal. He must keep working at his game,” Butler said.

Batlokwa said he is keen to represent Botswana.

“I feel like I am improving everyday and my hard work has paid off as I have been offered an extension on my contract at Southend. I want this momentum to continue.

The idea of representing my country is music to my ears and whether I get the call is up to Mr Butler. I have a decent relationship with him and he has urged me to keep working hard,” he said.

Asked what he would bring to the Zebras if gets a call-up in

future, Batlokwa cited his flair.

“I am a player who likes to excite the fans by creating and scoring goals. Attacking is probably the best part of my game so I would hope that I add attacking qualities to the team,” Batlokwa told Mmegi Sport from the UK.

He said he might consider offers if a good options comes his way, although he emphasized he is happy at Southend.

“I am enjoying my time at Southend at the moment but you never know what might happen in the future. If a good offer did come through I would be happy to explore my options,” the 18 year-old said.

Not seen him play but if Duncan rates him then he must be decent. He knows quality when he sees it. Let's hope he has a contract and won't get poached.

He's been playing in the friendlies and came on verses Newcastle. Didn't look phased or particularly out of place, and very good on the ball. This has been one of the advantages of not playing endless trialists.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the squad a few times this year. By all accounts the the most promising of a good group of youngsters we have.

He's been playing in the friendlies and came on verses Newcastle. Didn't look phased or particularly out of place, and very good on the ball. This has been one of the advantages of not playing endless trialists.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him in the squad a few times this year. By all accounts the the most promising of a good group of youngsters we have.
Let's hope we get to profit from their ability on the field as opposed to losing them to bigger teams before we see them in the SUFC first team!

I only managed to see the youngsters once last season and Joe Bedford stood out a mile. I always have a chat with Dave Huzzey when he's about really nice guy...Keep up the excellent work.

I just had lunch with my mate Flinty (Witham town manager) and he was at our game against Chelmsford the other night talking to PB and Horton. He said to them that he was impressed by the number 10 (Batlokwa) and apparently PB and particularly Horton were singing his praises and tipping him to play at the highest level!

Was Joe Beford the guy that came on against Newcastle with about 5 minutes to go and looked about 10?

If so, he touched the ball about 5 times and 4 times gave it away, once in our own box.

That caught my eye, but not in a good way.

Was Joe Beford the guy that came on against Newcastle with about 5 minutes to go and looked about 10?

If so, he touched the ball about 5 times and 4 times gave it away, once in our own box.

That caught my eye, but not in a good way.

Yep- and got a bang on the nose.. didn't have a chance to do much. Batlokwa I think is the one who realistically could feature at some point this year. Technically very very good from what I have seen.

Back