• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Rescue package agreed!

Sort of related, what would Southend's income be from a "normal" season be, and where would the money come from? (e.g. £100,000 sponsorship etc)?

£50 million is a lot of money - a very large sum by itself. Wow.

But then you compare it with income for clubs in the top division and the wages they pay and other expenditure and divide the sum by the number of clubs in Divisions 3 & 4 and suddenly I find myself in full agreement with Highlands Blue.

Yep it would take David de Gea just 2.5 seasons to earn that amount.

I wouldn't be too excited Ron will just pocket the money and blame something else for our demise. 250k will not go far when running a football club and probably wont be enough to clear debts. Its too little too late.

However much I dislike Ron and the way he runs things, one thing he can't be accused of is pocketing money.

However much I dislike Ron and the way he runs things, one thing he can't be accused of is pocketing money.

Time will tell on that one! If the embargo isn't lifted then its safe to say the money has been used else where, wherever that is.

Didn't Ron say he's not entering a payment plan because the embargo will be lifted without one? In which case this money is largely irrelevant.

Didn't Ron say he's not entering a payment plan because the embargo will be lifted without one? In which case this money is largely irrelevant.

Do you know much about Ron?

Presumably if it's to compensate for lost income from 2019/20 and 20/21 seasons then we should get somewhere between £250k and £375k?

We missed out on hefty gate receipts for home matches against Bolton, Sunderland and Portsmouth alone last season so we should be able to claim a decent amount I hope.

Not sure whether it is positive news or not, is £250,000 enough to clear The clubs outstanding debt's under Ron's stewardship and will the players start to get paid on time? On Ron's past record all I can see is more Ron excuses. I just hope upon hope I am wrong.

We've known this money was coming for weeks, given that Ron says we don't need a payment plan but he hasn't lifted the embargo yet I think he was probably waiting for the rescue package so that he can afford to pay off the taxman in one go.

Hardly generous in my humble opinion, when you think of all the money sloshing around in the Premier League.
Couldn't agree more. £50 million buys a Premier league club a moderately decent player who may or may not make much difference to their prospects of staying up with their noses in the trough.
It's not exactly news to anyone but the money at the top level is an unjustifiable obscenity.

Time will tell on that one! If the embargo isn't lifted then its safe to say the money has been used else where, wherever that is.
Not in Ron’s pocket that’s for sure. If the embargo isn’t lifted it probably means it’s been used somewhere else e.g wages, stadium upkeep, other club costs. HMRC aren’t our only expense. Although I’m not sure lifting the embargo requires a payment straight away anyway.

Not in Ron’s pocket that’s for sure. If the embargo isn’t lifted it probably means it’s been used somewhere else e.g wages, stadium upkeep, other club costs. HMRC aren’t our only expense. Although I’m not sure lifting the embargo requires a payment straight away anyway.

Agreed, my term 'pocket' was incorrect, the money could be used else where. There's no guarantee that it will be used to clear the embargo

Back