• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reserves today

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
A young looking line up is going to Peterborough today. No trialists surprisingly and Johnny Herd starts, which probably hints at Grant at right back on Saturday if M'Voto doesn't come through. No Sawyer or O'Donovan either, meaning we're obviously protecting as many players as possible with our wafer thin squad even thinner. Justin Clayton gets another start, as I believe he's now on some kind of terms with us and is no longer classed as a trialist.

Joyce

Dennis
Clayton
Whittaker
Herd

Scannell
James-Lewis
O'Keefe
Okai

Calver
Asante

Subs: Dunn, Crawford, Milner, Owinja, Osifuwa

Not much really. He was at non league Binfield as a teen and played for their first team at 16. He was at Woking last year and he's spent the last month at St. Albans "on loan" from us with Calver. I saw him play in the the reserve game against Northampton and he looked to have some potential. He's a big, strong young player who wins most things in the air and isn't afraid to organise those around him.

WHSGED0519321092009.P01.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmm. Given that basically they're all we've got to back the 1st team it's slightly different to the teams we put out as our reserves/"fringe players" this time a year ago.

6/10/08 vs Norwich City
Joyce, Grant, Sankofa, Lokando, Herd, Laurent, McCormack, Moussa, Scannell, Furlong, Walker.
Subs. Masters, Jones, Forshaw, O'Keefe, Ademeno,

or 14/10/08 vs Ipswich (titled on OS "Young side sent to Ipswich!")
Joyce, Lokando, Jones, Reynolds, Herd, McCormack, Moussa, Scannell, Forshaw, Walker, Laurent.
Subs. Masters, Osifawa, Ademeno, Abbey

If that side was young todays team is pratically Kindergarten! And I thought we had a small squad last season.

Watched Clayton against Northampton stiffs recently and he did ok,Big lad and fairly pacey and IMO may get a 1st team chance very soon.

Cant help but think IaN Joyce must have such a boring life.
Agreed but then at least he got to sit on the bench most of last season even before the 7 subs rule, unlike a certain vertically challenged keeper who went to a club where they hardly ever put a goalie in the match squad & the manager had been doing that for years at all his former clubs.

Mind you Shorty has got a game tonight. At Mighty Eastbourne Borough! Could be busy there.

How old is he?

Also is Dunn the guy from Fulham? If so is he here perm as well?

Just turned 20 I think.

Yeah James Dunn is the keeper we've signed on youth terms from Fulham. I'm still thinking that he's come in in case we do manage to get a taker for Joyce for a couple of months.

who was that other black dude who was a comedian in the 80s/90s who came from basildon or somewhere nearby?

off topic i know but DBP reminded me of him!

I think he lived in Rayleigh but could be wrong.

I think you're right as it goes, that's what my (not terribly reliable) memory thinks. Transferred from comedy into musical theatre didn't he, played the male lead in Me and My Girl amongst many other roles. Him and DBP have the same kind of grin.

Back