• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

4-0
Asante 3, Crawford

Stevens for Bouzid, Furlonge for Osiwufa, Soares for Woodyard

Pleased for Asante... appears to have had no problems at all in hitting the ground running after a particularly nasty injury.

Asante is a decent player.

James-Lewis was poor once again. Lutons best player. He is garbage. I want him out the door.

Thoroughly good performance I thought today. The highlight was obviously Kyle Asante's hat-trick; that's the first time he's completed 90 minutes in over a year, and he still looked fresh as he was warming down at the end. With about ten minutes to go, Graham Coughlan asked him if he was alright to continue; Asante gave him the thumbs up, so Coughlan brought on Anthony Furlonge for Ade Osifuwa. Five minutes later, Asante smashed in his third from Mark Phillips' knockdown and as he wandered back to the halfway line, Coughlan asked if he was alright with a massive grin on his face!

Asante's second goal in particular was an absolute cracker, picking the ball up 12 yards out and crashing it in ferociously to leave the Luton 'keeper with no chance. He now scored four goals in one start and three short sub appearances since returning from his injury, and he hasn't lost his pace or finishing ability, so hopefully he can push on now up to the end of the season. He and Crawford scored about 35 goals for the youth team and reserves between August and February last year, so it was no surprise to see the pair on the scoresheet again.

I thought after an initial 20/25 minutes where they didn't quite get going, Merrick James-Lewis and Alex Woodyard were excellent in the centre of midfield, helping to speed up the tempo of the passing which was something that Coughlan obviously wanted them to do. Sawyer was predictably energetic, but I felt that he faded slightly at the end and some of his passes didn't quite come off. Nonetheless it's useful that he's getting game-time under his belt for when he is inevitably required in midfield at some stage between now and May.

Phillips and David Obaze were commanding in the air, but neither of them were convincing when the ball was on the ground, and Phillips in particular just doesn't look comfortable on the ball. It will be an interesting call for Paul Sturrock to make if Coughlan and Bilel Mohsni (who watched the second half after arriving on crutches) are unavailable on Saturday whether he goes with Kane Ferdinand - who is a ball-playing centre-half - or the more typically lower league Phillips alongside Barker.

Glenn Morris was excellent, dominant in his area with his calling and made a couple of good saves. The one time he was beaten late on, substitute Ryan Dasilva was denied by the woodwork. Miguel Comminges had probably his best game since signing and Osifuwa was pacy at right-back. Which leaves Adam Bouzid who, I'm afraid, was pretty anonymous again!

Back