• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Resuming protests?

Councillor in Echo saying their part of the process is still on track, should be before cabinet to vote on by end of April.

My view is that the council need to be given the time for the formal committee report to go to cabinet later this month. Then they have to set a formal date. It is what it is with the council. All the pressure applied by Anna Firth, the consortium, and the fans have not made them speed things up, so we have to abide by their pace, unfortunately. They say everything is on track. So it looks like it will be done within the first 3 weeks of May, is my guess. Then we will see Ron and Jack's true colours and intentions. If they then scupper the deal in any way, or hold it up further, then all hell should be let loose down Benfleet Road.

The council are NOT to blame for the delays to sale of the club.

The Martins are the ones solely responsible for all of these issues.
Firstly, I did not say they were but, for clarity, they are probably in some parts culpable. Over the decades I think the council has done SUFC untold harm.
Secondly, yes Ron is responsible as he he alone has to bear the responsibility, be accountable, suffer the angst of thousands and be tarnished as a bad egg.

The guy had a dream, a sprinkle of magical thinking along the way, made too many bad choices and this time the Golden Goose was not laying but shi££ing.

It's strange, that when a club is on the up, it's a team effort with a river of kudos flowing over the team, manager, sponsors etc but, when it's on the way down it is solely the owner. There are a lot of people who should hang their head in shame when it comes to our club.

Why the hell should we be protesting outside their offices? They've done nothing wrong and all they want is to be paid for the work they've done. They're not the villains here in fact they are very much the victims.

Why the hell should we be protesting outside their offices? They've done nothing wrong and all they want is to be paid for the work they've done. They're not the villains here in fact they are very much the victims.
They are the ones that can withdraw the winding up petition. Protesting against anyone else wont change anything

Law Firms hate negative publicity, if it gets out in the legal press that fans have been protesting outside of their offices they might back down pretty quickly!

I have worked for a consultant who didn't get paid, it affected all of us until the money came through. This firm is entitled to be paid on time for the work they have done. The person who needs targeting is the the rat.

I have worked for a consultant who didn't get paid, it affected all of us until the money came through. This firm is entitled to be paid on time for the work they have done. The person who needs targeting is the the rat.

I agree they are entitled to their money HOWEVER the sums we owe them will have absolutely no impact on their business, a few weeks and they will get paid, issuing a WUP is completely over the top

I agree they are entitled to their money HOWEVER the sums we owe them will have absolutely no impact on their business, a few weeks and they will get paid, issuing a WUP is completely over the top
How do you know it has no impact on their business ? How do you know they will be paid in a few weeks ?

How do you know it has no impact on their business ? How do you know they will be paid in a few weeks ?

Law Firms of their size are not short of cash, the consortium have made it clear that they are willing to pay once in control of the club which should be done by the end of the month (if the council pull their finger out)

Law Firms of their size are not short of cash, the consortium have made it clear that they are willing to pay once in control of the club which should be done by the end of the month (if the council pull their finger out)
But still, you have NO idea what impact its having, you're just guessing.

Really annoys me this attitude of "they should wait until we are ready to pay them".

Awful... they are owed a LOT of money, whether they can carry that loss short term or not is not relevant. We used their service, they are owed it and and we should pay it. If we cant, they have every right to seek legal help to get it.

Its irrelevant that we as fans love the club. We should be totally ****ed off and embarrassed about what we are doing to these other businesses, rather than blaming them.

Also... "a few weeks and they will get paid" 😂

They've probably been told that for the last 6 months. Have to draw the line somewhere and take action, because words are cheap where Martin is involved.

That's a pure guess, then. You have no idea what the finances are like for this law firm. That's their business. They are owed money - end of. Didn't the consortium say they weren't going to pay any more of Ron's debts, anyway !!!

Some law firms run each office separately and with different accounts and money isn't allowed to be transferred between accounts.

No one's disputing they're owed money and are entitled to it (at least that I'm aware of) but protesting to rat is not going to change anything, protesting at the law firm could maybe change their mind at pursuing the WUP and wait for payment instead

Back