• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Revell versus Harrold

Harrold or Revell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leeblue

Members⭐
Will state from the start that this is in way a slagging off thread, I left RH today asking my son and my mate 'is Revell much better than Harrold' IMO there doesnt seem to be much difference, I would sum up REVEL's performance as follows, won some headers and chased down a lot, held up ball well at times, some poor first touches.
I would say that Harrold against yeovil won some headers and chased down alot, held up ball well at times, some poor first touches................discuss

Quick edit, Revell does seem to get himself in the box a tad more

i think revell just seems an all round better version of Harrold. Does the same job but does it better.

Its only two games, give Revell a chance eh. They are similar players but we need to see a bit more of Revell before making a call as to who is better. While we have a winning partnership, its perhaps best to keep it together. And if Harrold gets a chance, I hope he takes it....competition is very healthy for places in the starting XI...

i think revell just seems an all round better version of Harrold. Does the same job but does it better.

Did we really want a slightly better version of Matt Harrold when we were looking at people like Leon Clarke and Rory Fallon?

If Harrold had contributed as much as revell did today he woudl have been slated on here and at the ground.
Give REvell a few more game sot produce the same sort of performanceand he will be the new scapegoat.

Did we really want a slightly better version of Matt Harrold when we were looking at people like Leon Clarke and Rory Fallon?

yeah personally think we did. although Matt Harrold was never a goal threat the things he does for the teams (or atleast tries to lol) really brings something to the team. I think that Revell seems a player in the same mould as harrold (As is Fallon) but already after two games i can see his is going to be an improvement on him. hopefully he will add a few goals between now and the end of the season!

I think that Revell seems a player in the same mould as harrold (As is Fallon) but already after two games i can see his is going to be an improvement on him.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what have you seen that makes you think he's an improvement?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but what have you seen that makes you think he's an improvement?

He already looks like more of a goal threat. Ok he didnt actually have a chance today, well that i can remember but he won more headers than harrold normally does and seemed to have a bit of pace! im not trying to bash harrold as he always gave his all for the team and didnt let the boo boys get him down but i just feel that Revell is/will be an improvement on him:)

I liked the look of Revell today, the midfielders created no chances for him. He had a header from a poor cross from Mulgrew, but dispite this managed to really get involved, cause problems, and was involved in the first goal we so desperately needed

Main difference between Revell and Harrold appears to be that Revell flicks it on, whilst Harrold brings it down. I'd rather have someone bringing the ball down, but thought Revell did OK.

he won more headers than harrold normally does and seemed to have a bit of pace! im not trying to bash harrold as he always gave his all for the team and didnt let the boo boys get him down but i just feel that Revell is/will be an improvement on him:)

Not sure about that...Matty effectively didn't lose a header in the last few games he played, and he also seems more adept with the ball at his feet. Harrold's passing ability is grossly underplayed on this board, and as much as I am willing Alex to do well, I honestly can't quantify these statements that he offers more than Harrold from what I have seen thus far.

Revell plays further forward, gets in the box more and for me seems to win more headers than MH (based on today and at Orient). i think he'll get goals, but he needs crosses and those were mightily thin on the ground today. smart assist for Mcormack's goal too. i think anyone expecting more than a goal every 4 games or so (which would still equate to 11/12 for a league campaign) might be dissapointed though.

Our fans don't appreciate the role of the targetman. Rory Fallon is better than both Matt Harrold and Alex Revell but had he signed for us he'd have been the new terrace hate figure within weeks.

Revell will score more goal than Harrold and that's what he's got going for him. He should have scored last week at Orient from a Mark Gower cross and very nearly scored today from a Charlie MacDonald cross. As much a fan as I am of the work that Harrold does in our build-up play, I'd criticise him for never looking like attacking those balls like Revell did.

Still prefer Bradbury to either of the two we currently have. Oh well, can't go backwards.

I thought Revell was a big improvement. He won and flicked on far more headers than Harrold who usually won and then failed to pass on. He also made his presence felt far more, using his feet and his height to try to cause the defence problems. Both do a lot of running around so no big change there, and if he'd been a few cms further forward he'd have connected with Charlie Mac's cross and had a good goal and everyone would have been happy. Leave the guy alone, it's early days yet.

I would love to see the computer stats for distance that Revell travelled during the game. He put their defenders under pressure from 1st minute to last showing tremendous fitness and causing them problems. He looked a handful and still threatened the goal from being in correct positions at the correct time.

He was a good outlet showing he could hit the channels as well as coming short. He showed guts and intelligence in his play which Harrold, Clarke and the other strikers have not done this season. He was a fans favourite at Brighton and I suspect it was the appreciation of these qualities. I liked him a lot and think he is a tremendous addition and will form an excellent partnership with Barnard. It was encouraging that Charlie Mac came on and looked sharp, causing a few problems - things are looking up.

Yesterday also proves that our current team don't need the strikers to be bagging 25+ goals each. With the midfield so strong attacking wise with plenty of goals - one of the main roles of our strikers is to hold up and create spac for them through their running. Revell and Barnard did this extremely well. Our attacking play looked very good - the team knows how they are going to score goals - the players are beginning to understand their roles. When we stop the kamikaze defending we will be a very strong team again!!

Im not so sure a big man up front suits our style of play. We are far better moving the ball around on the floor. Becouse we had the big guy up front the first half was played too much looking up to the skies.

I thought Charlie Mac was excellant when he came on.

Back