• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rhain Davis

Who? Well this thread has no relevance to Manure's new 9 Year Old Wonderkid who they signed up after Grandad sent them a DVD, this thread is about Cherno Samba.

Anyway i had a brief scroll down on the article on the BBC website about Rhain Davis (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/skills/6927568.stm) and it had a little box mentioning the famous football prodigies; Joe Cole, Sonny Pike, Freddy Adu and then; Cherno Samba; who scored 132 goals in 32 games as a 13-year-old- not a bad record.

But the question is should we go in for him? He is a striker who would fit our needed criteria. He could be another Freddy, i.e. started off as a young star, whistled down a bit, bargain buy for SUFC and then becomes an instant hero.

Didn't think he (Samba) looked that good when I saw him against us last year - maybe just an off day . I'd prefer us to get his partner who'd do a job for us in this League a la Goat even if he is 36 .

Presume this kid has Welsh Grandparents - remind you of anyone ??

Didn't think he (Samba) looked that good when I saw him against us last year - maybe just an off day . I'd prefer us to get his partner who'd do a job for us in this League a la Goat even if he is 36 .

Presume this kid has Welsh Grandparents - remind you of anyone ??

Don't really think he has had the rub of the green at Plymouth. But i have never seen him play so i don't know. Yes someone like Goat to play alongside him would be great and i think we already have that in Bradbury. Bradbury is experienced and will help any young strike partner to develop.

Don't really think he has had the rub of the green at Plymouth. But i have never seen him play so i don't know. Yes someone like Goat to play alongside him would be great and i think we already have that in Bradbury. Bradbury is experienced and will help any young strike partner to develop.

What I was really trying to say is that I would rather have Hayles to take over the 'Goat ' role - even tho I agree Bradders is best suited for that job right now . Sorry if I was a bit vague

Back