• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rhyming slang

Wet Sham are the Irons.

Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 06 2006,11:09)]Wet Sham are the Irons.

Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.
I thought they were the Hammers and Scuny the Iron?

Or did they used to be the Irons as well?

oops.gif

Teams can have more than one nickname.

Tomorrow's opponents are known as both the Red Devils and United. We're known as both the Blues and the Shrimpers.

Wet Sham are known as both the Hammers and the Iron.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 06 2006,13:00)]Teams can have more than one nickname.

Tomorrow's opponents are known as both the Red Devils and United. We're known as both the Blues and the Shrimpers.

In addition, Col******r United are known as the Ewes as well as the Inbreds.

Wet Spam were formed as Thames Ironworks FC in 1895, so I guess that's the link.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 06 2006,13:00)]Teams can have more than one nickname.

Thanks for clearing that up cousin Wier
biggrin.gif

Anyone else (secretly) quite pleased for Pardew that the spammers beat Wenger's foreign legion? I have of course given myself a stern talking to about this revolting thought...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Nov. 06 2006,13:52)]
[b said:

Thanks for clearing that up cousin Wier  
biggrin.gif

Anyone else (secretly) quite pleased for Pardew that the spammers beat Wenger's foreign legion? I have of course given myself a stern talking to about this revolting thought...
One of the few games that I actually wanted Ar$enal to win.

I did immensely enjoy the managerial handbags and urge you all to write in to the FA with proper Daily Mail style disgust at the antics of both managers. My suggested letter would be to say how their antics have completely undermined everything you've been trying to teach to the under 11s team that you help out with, and how they have all been aping the antics of Alan and Arsene. Finally, finish off by suggesting that the only way of dealing with such disgraceful behaviour is by severly punishing both clubs and that both should have a suspended sentence of points deductions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 06 2006,11:04)]A homosexual know as an Iron.....???   A mate asked me the other day but I dont know......

Cheers
DtS
West Ham are the irons, simple

Yep, it always make me giggle in an 'oo-er missus' Carry On Up The East End kind of way whenever I hear a Hamster shout "Come On You Irons!!! "
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 07 2006,10:10)]Yep, it always make me giggle in an 'oo-er missus' Carry On Up The East End kind of way whenever I hear a Hamster shout "Come On You Irons!!! "  
tounge.gif
Good job the town of Mammary doesn't have a football team cos "Come on you Breasts" sounds a bit rood.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Nov. 07 2006,11:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Nov. 07 2006,10:10)]Yep, it always make me giggle in an 'oo-er missus' Carry On Up The East End kind of way whenever I hear a Hamster shout "Come On You Irons!!! "  
tounge.gif
Good job the town of Mammary doesn't have a football team cos "Come on you Breasts" sounds a bit rood.    
laugh.gif
That would be the two Bristol teams...
wink.gif

Back