• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Ricky Holmes determined to stay with Southend United, in League Two

Ricky has had a great career. Unfortunately we have him at his worst. In the twilight of his career and after an injury which probably should have ended him.

Remains to be seen whether we can get anything from him. I'm sure he will have been dissapointed with his performance but I don't think a front 3 works for him.

Play a more sensible 4 4 2 and he will be of more use.

Ricky has had a great career. Unfortunately we have him at his worst. In the twilight of his career and after an injury which probably should have ended him.

Remains to be seen whether we can get anything from him. I'm sure he will have been dissapointed with his performance but I don't think a front 3 works for him.

Play a more sensible 4 4 2 and he will be of more use.
In what role are you thinking?

Same as Acquah
We only got 3 strikers, so acquah probably the best options at the moment. I dont see akinola as a out and out number 9, prefer sim in the left of a 3. Badship lacks confidence infront of goal and doesn't give us much else, he could prove me wrong and start scoring when opportunity arises.

Regards to acquah he got the physical attributes to be half decent striker, he just needs to be more clinical infront of goal.

We only got 3 strikers, so acquah probably the best options at the moment. I dont see akinola as a out and out number 9, prefer sim in the left of a 3. Badship lacks confidence infront of goal and doesn't give us much else, he could prove me wrong and start scoring when opportunity arises.
I’d like to see Goodship get a longer sub appearance to give him time to settle. Don’t think cameos of a few mins will build the confidence

I’d like to see Goodship get a longer sub appearance to give him time to settle. Don’t think cameos of a few mins will build the confidence
I kinda think he had his chance but we haven't got many options striker wise. Upto brandon to seize this opportunity and wanna be league player.

Good lad Ricky, keep on going and do what we know you've always been able to do against us!

Charlie Kelman was a true fan, I don't know what that evidences other than fans can be fickle?

Was he? I'm not aware of that - I have a work colleague whose girlfriend is in Charlie's circle of friends, and I certainly wouldn't say that's been the impression they've got.

Back