• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Ricky Holmes is still in talks with Southend United

Holmes not only improved massively under Brown in terms of getting on the ball and looking hungry to create chances, he was also one of the only players to look like he cared and was trying to gee everyone up and talking alot.

Be delighted if he signs on, think he could be a big player next season with Ogogo and Dunne doing the work behind him.

... just realised, that would be a midfield trio with a combined age of nearly 100 :D
I don’t care if my Nan starts up front, as long as we don’t start the season how we have the last 2. With Holmes I’m willing to wait and see, I think there’s still a player in there somewhere. Fitness is key I guess, it’ll be a long unforgiving season.

As for caring and kissing the badge, if that means he gives an extra 10% then fine. I’d much rather players do care, I think Holmes does. But they have to be useful on the pitch too.

Agree he looked better under PB.

This is where we find out if he really wants to stay and play for the club or not, does he want to be kicked up in the air all the time in the national league as it’s rough and tumble in this league, can he even stay fit long enough, we shall soon find out.
I think training while out if contract answered that.

In the last 3 seasons we have had 50 players who can all last 90 minutes.....45 of them contributed very little during those 90 minutes and thats why i'm looking at train fares to Kings Lynn

Managed to book mine for £35 each.

I really think Ricky would be an important player for us if we have any intention of challenging to come straight back. His attitude was always 2nd to none and it took PB coming back to realise how important it was to start him. I feel I really hope he stays.

You asked if he really wanted to be here and I just gave you and example that he does.

Unlike Elvis for example who is staying away.
I expect Elvis stands more chance of getting a job than Ricky who probably wants to settle in the area on view of his age.

Unnecessary.
dont like him and dont rate him ..to old and slow-ish.. in my opinion chaps..been a blues supporter since 1975.. been coming to roots hall all my life..more than most and ive seen some crap...expected us to go down and in a couple years we will get back up... i think the dreamers are back... yes we will do ok in the sunday park league as we should as we have a few decent youngsters.. but taking some of the lads just past there best isnt the answer... keep it young and hungry...

dont like him and dont rate him ..to old and slow-ish.. in my opinion chaps..been a blues supporter since 1975.. been coming to roots hall all my life..more than most and ive seen some crap...expected us to go down and in a couple years we will get back up... i think the dreamers are back... yes we will do ok in the sunday park league as we should as we have a few decent youngsters.. but taking some of the lads just past there best isnt the answer... keep it young and hungry...
Couldn’t disagree more was excellent when brown come on

Back