• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto

UKFLAVA.COM

Well....

Does anyone know where Ricky Otto went or what hes upto ? he was a brilliant player in my eyes when he was at Southend
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (UKFLAVA.COM @ July 27 2004,22:52)]Well....

Does anyone know where Ricky Otto went or what hes upto ?  he was a brilliant player in my eyes when he was at Southend  
smile.gif
Don't know where he is, but suspect he has hung his boots up now... could be in a coaching role somewhere, maybe!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 28 2004,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 28 2004,08:45)]It's been posted a few times that he's runnig a dry cleaners in Birmingham!

rock.gif
as I found out on the phone to Andy Ansah,
Spot the name dropper....

tounge.gif

Next he'll be telling us he spent last night chatting to Richard Cadette, Keith Jones and Keith Dublin at the Tooting v. Thamesmead pre-season friendly...

cool.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 28 2004,11:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 28 2004,09:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ July 28 2004,08:45)]It's been posted a few times that he's runnig a dry cleaners in Birmingham!

rock.gif
as I found out on the phone to Andy Ansah,
Spot the name dropper....

tounge.gif

Next he'll be telling us he spent last night chatting to Richard Cadette, Keith Jones and Keith Dublin at the Tooting v. Thamesmead pre-season friendly...

cool.gif

laugh.gif
Only one out of three, I'm afraid, and that was only for a few minutes

What a nightmare I had last night. where to start- well, got to Mitcham station at 7, just followed some people and found the ground straightaway. But I needed cash, so I went back to find a cash machine, but couldnt find one. Instead
came across 3 great pubs, and had a quick pint in one (A Youngs pub, called the Cricketers).
Asked them where the nearest cash machine was- they
didnt know. Just said keep going into Mitcham (away
from football ground). Finally, got cash. Now 7:45.

Got a bus to the ground and got in (10 mins late). Nice little
stadium. Football was rubbish- really amateur stuff.

First sighting of Cadette- he's bulked up. Jones
hasn't changed at all. Thought I saw Dublin in the ground as well

half time- 70's rock music (Europe, Rainbow), and a good cheeseburger. SUFC take note!

second half, Tooting miss the easiest chance ever from
two yards out, but easily win 5-1

After the game, though, it all started to go wrong.
Cadette stayed at the dugout, so I went over and
introduced myself- "ah yes- the guy from Southend"- he
remembered my letter, then. Shook hands and we chatted a bit about how much he loved it at Southend- then said no
problem, he'll be in the bar in 2 minutes and we'll chat then.

Found bar, got a pint. Now 9:45. 10:00 he popped in,
saw me and said "2 minutes". I finished my pint at half 10 and left. I ain't hanging around for anyone, and besides I have no idea how to get back home.

Which is where the fun really started. Thought I saw
the bus going to Morden station besides the ground, so
jumped on the next bus. Alas, after 2 stops, I realised it was wrong, so got off. Crossed the road and thought I'd wait for one the opposite way. Then I saw a large gang of kids hanging around, so started walking. The next bus wasn't due for 20 mins anyway. Got to some shops, and I thought the best bet would be to get a cab to Morden. So, went into a Chinky. Only one out of 5 spoke any English. The two phone numbers they had, one would take an hour and the other 30 mins.

It's now 10:50. I suggested that maybe the Yellow
Pages sitting right there would be helpful. Doh! That didn't have much either.

So, I had to ask them how to get to Morden station. 20
minute walk, or get a bus from the stop near the
football ground, 5 mins away. Got the bus at 11pm to
Morden station (most Southern stop on the Nothern
line). (So, yes, I could have stayed a bit longer for
Cadette). Got to Liverpool Street at 11:50pm.

11:58 cancelled. Next one- 12:20, which I caught and
got home at 1:35am.

So, overall, a waste of time and I was lucky to get
back home. Next time, it's on the phone or I go with
someone else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 28 2004,11:11)]So, overall, a waste of time and I was lucky to get back home. Next time, it's on the phone or I go with someone else.
Shocker. Sorry it didn't work out. Still, a pint will be coming in your direction for all your troubles; a good effort, sir - even if it was all a bit of a waste of time...

sad.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 28 2004,11:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 28 2004,11:11)]So, overall, a waste of time and I was lucky to get back home. Next time, it's on the phone or I go with someone else.
Shocker.  Sorry it didn't work out.  Still, a pint will be coming in your direction for all your troubles; a good effort, sir - even if it was all a bit of a waste of time...

sad.gif

Matt
Cheers mate. Feel a bit gutted about it, really.

And at least I shook hands with a childhood hero, if nothing else

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 28 2004,11:20)]Cheers mate. Feel a bit gutted about it, really.

And at least I shook hands with a childhood hero, if nothing else
Lots to be said for that. I still grin at the memory of meeting Socrates, Zico, Junior, Falcão and Alemão when I was a kid, living in Brazil.

smile.gif

On that topic - if you go a-hunting for Lord Chrissy Powell in Sarf-East London, let me know... I'll tag along (if I may)! It would be a huge thrill to meet him, that's for sure.

biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 28 2004,14:20)]On that topic - if you go a-hunting for Lord Chrissy Powell in Sarf-East London, let me know... I'll tag along (if I may)!  It would be a huge thrill to meet him, that's for sure.

biggrin.gif

Matt
But of course.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 28 2004,14:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 28 2004,14:20)]On that topic - if you go a-hunting for Lord Chrissy Powell in Sarf-East London, let me know... I'll tag along (if I may)!  It would be a huge thrill to meet him, that's for sure.

biggrin.gif

Matt
But of course.

biggrin.gif
Nice one!

laugh.gif

Back