• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Bernard Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really had a opinion of the man as never saw a lot of him due to him not being trusted on national T.V, so it surprised me when i saw him Saturday night on the tisWas reunion programme.

To think that he was allowed on kids telly and banned from doing a slot on a later time baffles me, did anyone see the classic moment on sat night when the strongest man at the time tried to lift both Manning and Big Daddy at once as a dead lift, he proceeded to pop his knee out of joint and Manning crashed to the floor splitting his cacks.......had me in stitches :hilarious:

I never really had a opinion of the man as never saw a lot of him due to him not being trusted on national T.V, so it surprised me when i saw him Saturday night on the tisWas reunion programme.

To think that he was allowed on kids telly and banned from doing a slot on a later time baffles me, did anyone see the classic moment on sat night when the strongest man at the time tried to lift both Manning and Big Daddy at once as a dead lift, he proceeded to pop his knee out of joint and Manning crashed to the floor splitting his cacks.......had me in stitches :hilarious:

Yes, i saw that! That was amusing i have to say.

I've got no real opinion on the bloke. Some of his stuff was very funny, some was sh!te. I didn't like his manner, but I saw him live once at The Kings Club, Canvey & he was superb. He didn't rely on "racist" jokes, he just took the p!ss out of everybody!

One of the funniest thing I ever heard said about him was on Not The Nine O'clock News. It went along the lines of a News report saying, " Sad news today about Bernard Manning. Doctors who told him he needed to lose 5 stone or die, have revealed that he has lost 5 stone!!

Dirty Racist C***! Good ridance!!!

Racist against black, white, asian, fat, ginger, Aussies, Yanks, South Africans, ugly women and even ugly men.

So basically against 95 per cent of people on this earth so why get offended if the guy is just taking the ****?.

Also I think you should show some respect, the guy was a very funny comedian who did no harm to anyone unless you cannot handle a bit of a **** take that is.

Just off to youtube now to have a chuckle before I go home!.

RIP Bernard, a truly funny man, as said above to him it was all about the joke, not offending people. The brainwashing PC brigade have got a lot to answer for in terms of conditioning the country to detest some of what he had to say!

I was talking about him to my brother who reminded me about the trip to Kings Club. I would appear that my memory is playing tricks on me, as it was quite rightly pointed out me, he was sh!te & the most unfunny thing ever! It was the support acts that we found funny & not Manning. He was so p!ssed off with dying on his @rse that he decided just to be abusive & nasty. He took the hint to leave stage quickly when his audience started walking & getting their beer glasses refilled.

I apologise for talking b0llocks in my reply above. :thump: :o

I must admit I did find a lot of his "old" humour amusing.

Fight the power LDN, Manning was racist scum and I shan't shed a tear his fat **** is being prodded in hell by Satan's fiery demons.

I watched him on a chat show once. He was being interviewed whilst sitting alongside Richard Wilson.

For the entire time Manning was taking the **** out of Wilson, to the point that Wilson was quite obviously offended. (The point where Wilson started arguing back saying, "Why are you having a go at me, what have I ever done to you?" kind of gave it away.)

Manning carried on almost oblivious to the upset he had caused. That really sums him up as far as I am concerned; he simply didn't realise what he did was offensive. It is nothing to do with any PC brigade, it is to do with being offensive and not realising it, even when the guy was sitting next to him.

See if i care! when i go i can only be called fat, there's no shame in that!
at least i ain't a racist bigot.

He wasn’t a racist bigot he slagged everyone off. Now keep your noise down and pay some respect a man has just died

RIP a Comic Legend

:mad:

It would appear he didn't slag everyone off

From the BBC obit

"People of Pakistani, Indian or African origin, Jews, the Irish, they were all fair game to him.

But in Bernard Manning's logic, jokes about disabled people, or tampons, were unacceptable"

To be fair , he was no worse than a lot of the other comedians of his era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back