• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP David Bowie

Ooh, if we're doing our top threes or top fives....

Queen Bitch
Boys Keep Swinging
Heroes
Changes
Suffragette City

Ask me again tomorrow though, could be different!

Top 3

London boys
Lady grinning with soul
Kooks

So many to choose from....

Still listening to Bowie on the Ipod this mornin, realising how good the "less popular" songs were.

Anyone see the BBC this morning - a band of 12yr olds played The Man Who Sold The World note perfect. :thumbsup:

Allegedly already cremated a few hours after his death in NYC, with no friends or family members present.

Seems a bit cold if true, but single minded to the end. I imagine he wanted to avoid the limelight in death as he did in life.

Allegedly already cremated a few hours after his death in NYC, with no friends or family members present.

Seems a bit cold if true, but single minded to the end. I imagine he wanted to avoid the limelight in death as he did in life.

Heard that at stupid o'clock this morning. I quite admire him for doing it like that. He had said his good-byes and wanted no fuss. Respect to him for doing it his way.

Listening to Black Star - very odd feeling that it's only a week old and he's no longer here.

Can’t believe it’s been 4 years!!

I don’t care what anyone says or thinks... this is still one of my favourite videos:

David Bowie. I have mixed feelings, because of the way he and their Manager ripped off Mick Ronson during the coke days. Mick Ronson was absolutely clueless about money. It was well down his list of importance, and Bowie and the Manager took full advantage. During the sell out Spider from Mars tour, Mick Ronson was paid a pathetic £100 a week. Whilst the other two raked in an absolute fortune, with ticket sales, souvenirs and TV payments. Bowie shoving most up his nose with coke. Mick Ronson was a trained pianist, and could play the violin very well, alongside being a great guitarist. He arranged and co wrote a lot of the songs from that period, but it would go down as written by Bowie, who was very clued up about these things. But instead of asking to be paid for it and the royalties, he was just happy to be in the band. He saw that as his payment. He later regretted it and said how foolish he had been, when he went skint and was sofa surfing.
Bowie was a bit shocking when he dropped the drama and mime side and became a pop star. You had to watch to see what he would come up with next. Always changing outfits, clothes, style and hair styles. It's amazing that he kept working all those years right up to his death. So many great songs.

Back