• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Robin Gibb

Very sad news, reunited with his twin...hadn't realised he'd had the same cancer that took Maurice almost 10 years ago. RIP Robin.

A favourite track....
[video=youtube;g1vgzi5OQbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vgzi5OQbQ[/video]

Last edited:
Not unexpected but still very sad news..A musical legend.....3 down 1 to go :(

R.I.P

[video=youtube;nREV8bQJ1MA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREV8bQJ1MA&feature=share[/video]

Currently in the very local area of Redcliffe where the Gibb family lived whilst living in Australia. Would never say I was a Bee Gees fan but their music was part of my growing up from the radio and family parties/weddings etc. Sad news.

Currently in the very local area of Redcliffe where the Gibb family lived whilst living in Australia. Would never say I was a Bee Gees fan but their music was part of my growing up from the radio and family parties/weddings etc. Sad news.

I agree about their music, although I like a lot of their early stuff but really didn't buy into the 70's disco music. I was going to make a similar remark on the Donna Summer thread.

However their music was influential and long lasting and forever changing.

RIP

Very sad. Poor Barry lost his 3 brothers, all before their time. Seem to be more and more of the musical greats passing away.

Saw the Bee Gees live at Wembley in '98, the greatest concert I have ever seen. I can't believe that 14 short years later, two more of the Gibb brothers have left us. The Brothers Gibb, a true music phenomenon.

Saw the Bee Gees live at Wembley in '98, the greatest concert I have ever seen. I can't believe that 14 short years later, two more of the Gibb brothers have left us. The Brothers Gibb, a true music phenomenon.

So true and I freely admit to being a huge fan of them all my life....there are just so many fantastic tunes over the years, it is really hard to pick out a favourite as different ones meant different things at certain times...As somebody said today, The Bee Gees wrote songs for so many music categories, probably more so than any other group.

From the later years I loved this.

[video=youtube;zhCPbEc3CuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhCPbEc3CuM&feature=fvwrel[/video]

I see your taste in music is no better than in politics or strikers.:winking:

With all due respect Barna, there's a time and a place, and this isn't it. Let those of us who appreciated and enjoyed the music of the Brothers Gibb reminisce on this sad day....and however you look at it, for a family of 4 brothers to now be left with only the eldest one alive is simply tragic.

With all due respect Barna, there's a time and a place, and this isn't it. Let those of us who appreciated and enjoyed the music of the Brothers Gibb reminisce on this sad day....and however you look at it, for a family of 4 brothers to now be left with only the eldest one alive is simply tragic.

Fair enough.My apologies.

Fill in your own jokes.

Back