• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News RM Speaks..

Unpaid tax bills,credit crunch,lack of player investments,work on the new stadium is suppose to be granted THIS SUMMER.

Anyone got that nasty Feeling "ALARM BELLS" ???????????

Your Ron is no sugar daddy is he?

The only thing i can hear is the wind. But , at least we own our stadium.

ronnie ron ron ronnie ron ron ronnie
ron ron ron ron
ron ronnie ron

Last edited:
It's a bit worrying that anything to do with SUFC is on the gazette list even the parent companies, i.e. Martin Dawn, South Eastern Leisure and Roots Hall Ltd. I don't know how these things work but wouldn't the petition be against just the club and not the propety developing business?

Also I don't understand the dates, RM states the petition order was made on the 12th June 2009, but the gazette list is for the 21st May 2009. Again I'm not an liquidator so don't know the ins and outs of these things.

Oh well Essex Senior league here we come, nice derby against Southend Manor!

It's a bit worrying that anything to do with SUFC is on the gazette list even the parent companies, i.e. Martin Dawn, South Eastern Leisure and Roots Hall Ltd. I don't know how these things work but wouldn't the petition be against just the club and not the propety developing business?

Also I don't understand the dates, RM states the petition order was made on the 12th June 2009, but the gazette list is for the 21st May 2009. Again I'm not an liquidator so don't know the ins and outs of these things.

Oh well Essex Senior league here we come, nice derby against Southend Manor!

Please read the the thread through properly. I've already explained that we appear in the Gazette because we filed our company accounts; it's nothing to do with any petitions.

Its almost like people want there to be problems!

Please read the the thread through properly. I've already explained that we appear in the Gazette because we filed our company accounts; it's nothing to do with any petitions.

Its almost like people want there to be problems!
RM says about the winding up petition on the official site. Winding up petitions have to be placed in the London Gazette.

It maybe was just message board rumour bolleaux but what happened to the story that RM had sounded out David Sullivan or David Gold to invest in SUFC if/when they offloaded their share in the Brum scum?

Last edited:
Should the shareholders have been informed of this turn of events or does todays "don't panic, Mr Mainwaring" comment from RM count as that?

I hear the mudflat Essex area is in for an unseasonal cold snap. -10 and counting :)

J_S x

Unpaid tax bills,credit crunch,lack of player investments,work on the new stadium is suppose to be granted THIS SUMMER.

I sort of get the feeling the shares i bought last year are worth a tint fraction of the £6 i paid for them

no no no no no my friend, your not allowed to post anything negative, what a great chairman we have pre warning us (to save a bit of heat on him) that we are completely fubards. As I have been saying and for a lonnnnnnnnng loooooooong time (and being met with a baragge of abuse) something is not right at this club in a major way, when I heard this news, I actually laid in bed last night till about 3 in the morning, soooo feking angry that we have been allowed to fall into such a pittiful state, then that turned to scared to be honest and I realised it would probably be the worst or one of the worst (equally up there with a death) days of my life if the club did fold it would simply be awful, I honestly would be broken I realised how much southend is my life, anyway ...... somethings not right at the club in a huuuuuuuuuggggggge way, funny actually another victim of the Shrimperzone clique TMWLT told me this was happening about 4 weeks ago

F***. I didn't realise that HMRC had advertised its petition. Did they issue a Stat demand first? Why didn't the club enter into discussions with them then?

The petition being advertised may well bring other creditors out of the woodwork - we just have to hope that the main one (RM himself, in his numerous guises) works out how this debt might be paid.

I just hope that the club is being well advised and is not unnecessarily wasting legal fees on turning up to court (and paying HMRC's legal fess) over debts which ought to be being scheduled in other ways.

Still, if we can't pay our tax bill, I guess that shows why we can't afford to spend any money on players...

Matt

but then the question has to be matt , why cant we afford to pay our bills, if were not spending it on players, and not on our bills, wages are being part paid by the football league, then really 'were has all the /any of the money gone? weve beeen told time and time again, that the stadium would not be funded by transfer money ect,

ANyway need not worrry Geofrrey king told us catagorically last week in the echo that there was money to spend didnt he?

The one thing that does go through my mind is that quite often when a winding up petition is placed the companies bank will freeze their accounts until the hearing, This is for reasons of due dilligence etc. Now in truth i have no idea if that has happened here though could explain lack of trnasfer activity or maybe not.

But to be fair to RM he is totally correct when he talks about HM Revenue right hand not knowing what their left hand is doing believe me on that one!

Back