• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rnd2 Heat 7: Band of Brothers v Buffy the Vampire Slayer

BoB or BtVS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2nd Lt. George Rice: Looks like you guys are going to be surrounded.
Richard Winters: We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded.

Richard Winters could turn me, I ****ing love him!

Richard D. Winters: I treasure my remark to my grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" Grandpa said, "No... but I served in a company of heroes".

Mug that I am, I've gone for the one with the fit birds in it.

Makes perfect sense to me Matt..:)

Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer.jpg

Mug that I am, I've gone for the one with the fit birds in it.

If it was a fittest bird competition you should have nominated something like Baywatch. I thought it was a best show competition.

band_of_brothers_faces.jpg

Whoever votes for the show about vampires and a nerdy, english professor over an enthralling drama about arguably the wars most courageous and heroic unit is, officially, a homosexual.

Whats almost as orgasmic is, next year, Pacific will be broadcast. From the Creators of Band of Brothers, it's a new 10-part series following the "other" side of the War. Promises to be just as good.

Trailer here: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2078671385/

Last edited:
Best show , and fit birds Buffy it had humour progressed far more (ok it was on for 9 years ) covered a lot of differnet issues not just weird occult. And to be honest was propably better written

BB was good but for a select audience

Whoever votes for the show about vampires and a nerdy, english professor over an enthralling drama about arguably the wars most courageous and heroic unit is, officially, a homosexual.

I thought it was about American Para troopes not the Gurhka, Sihks , Blackwatch , Polish resitance , the Intellegence services (you rarly had guns) sent in to assume identies under preassure every day , the RAF , the USAF ,the Long Rang Desert Patrol , the Windwalkers the X boat men , the Burma fighters , the desert rats..... ooops and i forgot our Para's

I thought it was about American Para troopes not the Gurhka, Sihks , Blackwatch , Polish resitance , the Intellegence services (you rarly had guns) sent in to assume identies under preassure every day , the RAF , the USAF ,the Long Rang Desert Patrol , the Windwalkers the X boat men , the Burma fighters , the desert rats..... ooops and i forgot our Para's

Hence the word "Arguably".

As opposed to buffy which was good for what sort of audience?

A much winder range then BB , Teens , nerds in their 20s+ , Dad's as a light relief . Women as something different to watch it did run for 9 years and became rather main stream. It could do comedy high drama or throw away tat.

Band of Brothers based on war stories from actual soldiers/hero's, fantastically made vs... vampire fiction...

Ok., so Buffy went on for 9 years... but surely its all about quality and not quantity?

Band of Brothers is one of the best shows ever.
Everyone should be made to watch it.

Good shout. Who can forget Webster in episode 9 (or 10)

David Webster: [at a passing column of German prisoners] Hey, you! That's right, you stupid Kraut *******s! That's right! Say hello to Ford, and General ****in' Motors! You stupid fascist pigs! Look at you! You have horses! What were you thinking? Dragging our asses half way around the world, interrupting our lives... For what, you ignorant, servile scum! What the **** are we doing here?

Absolutely love Band of Brothers. Hope it wins the battle of the US TV dramas! Can't wait for the follow up next year either.

Back