• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hazey

Director
According to a tweet by Chris Phillips we are now linked with ex Notts County and Lincoln keeper Rob Burch.

Doesnt sound great, ex notts county and lincoln. Where is he now or been of late?

Please no, my memories of him of watching him on the telly was he was always ****

He just got released from Notts County where he made about 15 appearances, before that he spent a few years at Lincoln at their number one. Got to say, this one looks like the worst one we've looked at out of all of them at face value.

Seem to remember us being linked with him the year we signed Mildenhall.

So after trailing so many decent keepers we have now resorted to this, please Sturrock sort it out!

To mix my metaphors, no doubt the cupboard is bare and it's time to scrape that barrel.

Lincoln fans think really highly of him. What's with the reaction on here?! :nope:

To be fair, I've never taken note of him playing, it's more the fact the only time he has spent as a number one is for a poor League 2 side! So I am judging quite quickly, but when you compare it to some of the keepers we have been linked with, even next to Smith he seems quite a poor choice.

Said it before , but even more convinced now that we wont sign anyone and play 'rush goalie' under Luggy's new all out attacking policy.
Two at the back , two central midfield , four wingers and two strikers.
Promoted by Christmas

Strange how we have had so many keepers on trial. But none have signed. I wonder why?....

My Lincoln-supporting mate wsa a big fan when he was playing there and was gutted to see him leave.

Maybe he's better than he seemed at first then, though I'd hardly call him a goalkeeper thats "been there, done that and got the t shirt" like Sturrock has been talking about getting.

Back