• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeboy

Original and possibly best
Staff member
Former Southend United boss Rob Newman has expressed an interest in the vacant manager's job at Conference League Dagenham and Redbridge.

The 40-year-old, who was sacked by the Seasiders in March 2003, is currently scouting for Premiership Birmingham City and has just returned from a spying mission in the German Bundesliga.

But the ex-Norwich City and Blues centre-half wants to get back in the tracksuit.

"I feel refreshed and ready for a new challenge," said Newman.

"I enjoy scouting, but my real desire is to get back into management and work with players again on a day-to-day basis".

source: Thisisessex.com

Apparently he's opened up a suit shop in Naarwich with Ricky Duncan as well.

rock.gif

Chris Kinnear, current Margate boss is currently the favourite for the job.

Margate have given him permission to talk to the Daggers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ April 08 2004,11:12)]yeah, I saw that. Buy a suit from ex- footballer Rob Newman....hmmm.....
I hope to visit his shop in my next visit to Norwich...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Good luck to Newman.

Wonder why he didn't offer to supply suits to our sqaud for Cardiff?
biggrin.gif

Ooooh, suits you.

OH his company just open last week, so maybe not able to do it...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I was listening to the Dagenham game on the radio Saturday and John Still is their new manager, Garry Hill is now manager of Hornchurch...

Newwwwwwwwwwwwman Newwwwwwwwwwwwwwwman etc etc. Everyone liked him except his players, who thought he was an arrogant tool. I think we were on his man-management learning curve and didn't really see get to see the best of him. Shame.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 27 2004,10:40)]I think we were on his man-management learning curve and didn't really see get to see the best of him. Shame.
We did see the best of him football management wise and thats why he is now flogging suits.....

Back