• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roll Call

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
I shall be there
Southend 1 - 0 Mansfield
Kevin Maher plays very bad just to cerment my argument
wink.gif

att: 5,890
away : 453

I should be......

2-1 Southend, Maher and Nicolau
tounge.gif

Me and joe are going....

Southend 3-0 Mansfield

500 southend fans

I'm virtually there already being in Lufbra. Should be around 5 Lufbra Shrimpers (well, 2, but some extras roped in!).

Is that slightly dodgy looking pub near Fitness FIrst still the place to head or is there a better 'away' pub?

Lack of fund's!

Radio for me.  
sad.gif

A close 1-0 to us, Lawrie Duddfield coming on as sub 82 mins (or is that a bit too early for Tilly to bring him on?)

oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 20 2005,09:05)]Lack of fund's!

Radio for me.  
sad.gif

A close 1-0 to us, Lawrie Duddfield coming on as sub 82 mins (or is that a bit too early for Tilly to bring him on?)

oops.gif
....and Chat room? You can fraternaly abuse OS
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 20 2005,09:16)]
[b said:

Radio for me.  
sad.gif

oops.gif
smile.gif
OS? In the chat room?...............Like I said, radio for me!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Jan. 20 2005,09:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 20 2005,09:16)]
[b said:

Radio for me.  
sad.gif

oops.gif
smile.gif
OS? In the chat room?...............Like I said, radio for me!

wink.gif
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Often a good crack, regardless of the presence of relatives, though.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 20 2005,00:24)]Is that slightly dodgy looking pub near Fitness FIrst still the place to head or is there a better 'away' pub?
The boozer right next to the ground "The Early Doors" is OK. Some might avoid it thinking it's a "home" pub but I went in there after last season's game & it was fine - even a had a good chat with some of their fans.

I think the one you are on about is "The Famous Talbot" on Nottingham Road (near Sainsbury's) BUT I have heard it's closed for refurbishment from 8th Jan '05 to April '05.

Opposite that, though, is a decent place I went last season called "Li Rosso". It used to be "The Plough" but has been "trendied up" a bit. Plenty of home fans use it but it's friendly enough.

Another is the "Lord Byron" on Quarry Lane about 300 yds from the ground. Also went there last year but have to say it was totally dead! I won't bother with it this time.

I have heard of 2 pubs that are to be avoided - "The Victoria" & "The Red Lion".

If you are going by train, though, there is, of course, the most convenient "pub" of all & that's at your seat, with a bag full of booze, or after a trip to the buffet car! My travelling companion & myself will be partaking on the 0955 from St Pancras, then also sampling some of the above mentioned establishments.

wink.gif

The Coalville branch of SUFC supporters will be goin (1) but with 2 guest members from Leicester, one of which is a semi convert! Didn't know there was some SUFC supporters in Loughboro-glad to here it. There is some bloke who runs a pub in Markfield near me who has a nice pic of Roots Hall on the Bar wall
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (piersend @ Jan. 20 2005,11:11)]Didn't know there was some SUFC supporters in Loughboro-glad to hear it.
Didn't know people actually lived in Coalville!

biggrin.gif

Only semi-permanent East-Midlanders though. Gonna be off in the summer for good!

Back