• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Rolling Protest Saturday 15/07/23

Update: they forgot Wayback Machine, just a shame that some of the pictures do not show up now, but we captured this one earlier.

Thomas Max Martin attending his wedding Day in May this year, he borrowed Daddy's Southend United Helicopter.

View attachment 27369

I remember when we were a club on the up and thought the helicopters and family club of the year awards would never end.

Morning All.

After the dust settles l have one more view on yesterday, which is a bit mixed, but with all the media coverage we are now getting, we are also front page on the NLP this morning with the story continued on page 7 and have made TalkSport as well as local TV News.

We know that Ron hates adverse publicity and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but l can't help feeling a bit "if only we had done this a couple of months earlier", this morning after we are now seeing it's affects. He is going to make a statement on Monday, surely on the back of the protest and it will probably be full of lies and BS once more, but now the pitifull state the club is now in, l am almost on bended knee that we make the 5th August, but am in no way confident we will. If we do, then it will be a bonus to see Southend United play and it will be an uplifting bonus, even if we do get stuffed. I really don't care at about the result, now is all about survival.

Lastly , and this is in no way a knock of anyone else's differing opinion, I respect everyone's thoughts and an opinion is an entitlement that should be respected by all even if it is one you disagree with. Of course having said that a counter opinion is also to be respected, but the protest has had an effect, what remains to be seen.

I just hope some of those that were against it, and are of an open mind, might just review their opinion, as to will it serve any purpose, and even if you would not totally back it, support the principle from here on in.

I just pray this is not too little too late.

UTB

Morning All.

After the dust settles l have one more view on yesterday, which is a bit mixed, but with all the media coverage we are now getting, we are also front page on the NLP this morning with the story continued on page 7 and have made TalkSport as well as local TV News.

We know that Ron hates adverse publicity and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but l can't help feeling a bit "if only we had done this a couple of months earlier", this morning after we are now seeing it's affects. He is going to make a statement on Monday, surely on the back of the protest and it will probably be full of lies and BS once more, but now the pitifull state the club is now in, l am almost on bended knee that we make the 5th August, but am in no way confident we will. If we do, then it will be a bonus to see Southend United play and it will be an uplifting bonus, even if we do get stuffed. I really don't care at about the result, now is all about survival.

Lastly , and this is in no way a knock of anyone else's differing opinion, I respect everyone's thoughts and an opinion is an entitlement that should be respected by all even if it is one you disagree with. Of course having said that a counter opinion is also to be respected, but the protest has had an effect, what remains to be seen.

I just hope some of those that were against it, and are of an open mind, might just review their opinion, as to will it serve any purpose, and even if you would not totally back it, support the principle from here on in.

I just pray this is not too little too late.

UTB
The cat could have kittens mate. Hindsight is wonderful, but all we can deal with is now. If what we did yesterday has a positive effect on Ron, then great. If not, we all keep going, goading and irritating him until he's had enough. Who blinks first I think now.

The cat could have kittens mate. Hindsight is wonderful, but all we can deal with is now. If what we did yesterday has a positive effect on Ron, then great. If not, we all keep going, goading and irritating him until he's had enough. Who blinks first I think now.
Totally agree, that's how l am feeling this morning.

I noticed this too. Looks like it's falling to bits as much as the Hall is.

If he could bring himself to make the right sale for SUFC, maybe he'd have a few quid to spruce it up?
What is Ron's full address. It would be interesting to see what charges he has over his property (if any) by reference to the Land Registry entry. I notice from the Echo that he said he had taken out a mortgage on his house to support SUFC back in 2014.

What is Ron's full address. It would be interesting to see what charges he has over his property (if any) by reference to the Land Registry entry. I notice from the Echo that he said he had taken out a mortgage on his house to support SUFC back in 2014.
Hollytree House, 344 Benfleet Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 1PW

I am 79 years of age, and have NEVER participated in a public demonstration in my whole life. Even when I was walking up to Ron's house yesterday I was asking myself "why am I doing this, its a waste of time and won't change a thing?"................ I cannot convey though how much better I felt after walking back to my car three hours later. Will it affect the end result (whatever that may be)? I doubt it. When faced though with a seemingly impossible situation in life and having no options available, just doing SOMETHING is so much better than not doing anything .:Highfive:

Hollytree House, 344 Benfleet Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 1PW
Have downloaded the Land Registry entries and the property is in the name of Julie Dawn Martin (assume this is his wife) not Ron. Purchased in 2014 at a cost of £170K and no mention of any charges against it as there might be with a mortgage. So the report in the Echo back in 2014 about Ron taking out a mortgage to support SUFC seems to be incorrect.

Have downloaded the Land Registry entries and the property is in the name of Julie Dawn Martin (assume this is his wife) not Ron. Purchased in 2014 at a cost of £170K and no mention of any charges against it as there might be with a mortgage. So the report in the Echo back in 2014 about Ron taking out a mortgage to support SUFC seems to be incorrect.
He has certainly lived there longer than 9 years. That 170k sounds very similar to the apparent loan that was taken out on it. Maybe RM sold it to his wife or transfered the deeds then. There is no way that house sold for 170k on the open market 9 years ago.

Last edited:
I was sparing him in my head as I understand he hasn't been in meetings and being a **** like his big bro Jack.

However, after hearing from more than one person that he was tearing signs down, I'm considering starting a campaign to negative review bomb his business.
We’ve already started that if you look on his reviews

Saturday mobilised the more moderate supporters in a way I didn't think could happen. I dread to think what the fan base reaction will be if we crash and burn.
I wouldn't say I was extra medium rather than moderate.

He has certainly lived there longer than 9 years. That 170k sounds very similar to the apparent loan that was taken out on it. Maybe RM sold it to his wife or transfered the deeds then. There is no way that house sold for 170k on the open market 9 years ago.
Tax dodge? If he 'sold' it to his wife for 170k and it's worth more would that reduce stamp duty?

I've been thinking solidly about this - I'm not really in favour of the protests but understand why people see a need for it to be done, so am not in any way criticising those who went yesterday.

Therefore, subject to the announcement tomorrow, if nothing has changed by next weekend then count me in and I'll try and bring several with me. I'm still not convinced what good it will do to be honest but it certainly won't do any harm.

Martin out.
The announcement tomorrow will be mud throwing absolutely nothing to do with development of the sale of the club

Back