• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ihave been goggleing whaty heads of terms means .Now i dont pretend to understand it b.But if i am right it seemes as if one or both sides are close to agreeing a sale .But of couse i maybe wrong on this .

Just finished watching Red Notice with The Rock n Ryan Reynolds. Looking forward to a documentary for both clubs they represent 🔜

If the main motivation for the bidders is that Southend be successful on the field they would surely want to be in a position to see the embargo is cleared by or not long after June 1st so we are able to compete with other clubs in signing decent players. This is vital as players who might be expected to make a difference usually attract offers from more than one club. If we are late to this particular party it would reduce our chances of success next season.

Ron will no doubt be aware of that and might now be involved in a bit of brinkmanship to try to squeeze the last shekel out of the perspective owners.

The bidders might not be averse to a bit of brinkmanship themselves and this might be why previously there was little or no information available about their interest let alone leaks but now as the first of June draws closer suddenly all sorts of information is forthcoming.

We all hope the two parties can meet in the middle, and, in business, when both the seller and buyer are serious in their intentions there is usually a result.

If the first of June is seen as an important date by the perspective new ownership this is surely a very encouraging sign as it suggests that football is their priority.

My thoughts exactly Bluesfan , i m off the thinking that next week a decision will be made ,i believe RM will mull over it this weekend and make a decisio come Tuesday or Wednesday, if as he has said many times h loves SUFC i believe he will accept the offer which has been said is excellent and not to be sneezed at. Most people wont forgive him for what has happened to SUFC under his care ,but im sure will thank him for the good times and for selling the club and not allowing it to go under.

I thought he said there would be no further statements until a sale was concluded.

When it suits him he changes the tune.
I wonder if that is because he's been told to put something out to quell rumours because they're all supposed to be NDAd.

If this takeover goes through we get everything in place imagine the Southend away attendance I dare to dream 😴

Well, if nothing else, this latest twist has got the clubs takeover trending.

View attachment 26472
Exactly. It keeps us in the news and it also keeps the pressure up on Ron, hence the hastily pushed out few sentences yesterday. As fans we need to keep pressure on, in any way we can. Even if just sharing a news article online. We must not rest until a sale is completed.

I wonder if that is because he's been told to put something out to quell rumours because they're all supposed to be NDAd.
Well this is an official statement attributable to the club. The other stuff is rumour, and would be difficult to prove it was said by some one at kimura - Ron knows that detail so they can argue he leaked it.

Well, if nothing else, this latest twist has got the clubs takeover trending.

View attachment 26472
Personally I’m waiting for the announcement of the new Baywatch Movie to be filmed on Southend beach.

Terrorists ((West Ham fans) threaten to blow up the SS Montgomery and created a sunami to destroy fossets.
Mitch ( the rock) with the help of kev and the team ( and of course lots of ladies in red swimsuits) save the day.

My concern is that Ron Martin will mess people about to such a degree that the offers will be withdrawn one by one until all have gone. Then where does that leave us and the club?

Could such a scenario happen? You bet your last penny it could, with such an unreliable character holding the reins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back