• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be real, this process was always going to be long. The fact that a large portion of you got all excited and thought it would be done last week, is so impressively deluded, you've managed to stress alot of fans out in to thinking it's going to full through.
Easy tiger, it's unnecessary language like this that can make the Internet a toxic place

Lets be real, this process was always going to be long. The fact that a large portion of you got all excited and thought it would be done last week, is so impressively deluded, you've managed to stress alot of fans out in to thinking it's going to full through.
I wouldn’t say deluded was the right word to use, I just think people got excited that the doom and gloom we have been accustomed to was going to be lifted and yes maybe some have got a little excited too early but can’t blame them for feeling excited about a positive future we all crave for.

It’s probably more a case of providing further reassurance that the debts will definitely be paid so we could get the bank accounts unfrozen.

You can’t go to court and categorically say the takeover will happen if there are still things left to be completed/signed off and not present an alternative payment method. Even if it’s 99% done.
I agree, however would say that it could hve been spun more positively rather than neutral / negatively by stating RM has plans in place to pay the debt if the take over doesnt go ahead. We all know he doesn’t

So do we want a leader who could not run a bath let alone a football club We the fans have suffered many years of lies .Many years in the high court And its time for that person to move over So many fans have had enough Of Ron Martin hoodwinking his way to the demise of our football club . Ive herd it said he is a clever man .Well Mr Martin if your that clever you know the fans have had enough of you .So do us all a big favour and go ASAP .

Ron Martin doesn’t care what the fans think of him one bit , he may have in the past but I doubt very much he does now

This you mate?

Ron 👏🏻
Won't 👏🏻
Sell👏🏻

We need to think of a way to put pressure on Ron whilst also attracting potential buyers. (No idea what this would be)

We will 100% be starting next season with Ron at the helm.

Ron will sadly outlive Southend United at this rate.

You all laughed at me when I said he wouldn't sell. I truly believe it's in his best interests for the club to fold so he can use the land.

No one is going to spend millions on a National League South side

Ron Martin doesn’t care what the fans think of him one bit , he may have in the past but I doubt very much he does now
Oh he does.

You only have to look at the lengths he got his security staff to go to last season...
Scaling buildings (Pram shop) and forcibly removing material (even hankies) from many supporters in the ground which had "Martin Out" or similar written on them. Or even having graffiti almost immediately removed from Roots Hall and other sites when it popped up.

He hates his name portrayed in bad light, massively.

Oh he does.

You only have to look at the lengths he got his security staff to go to last season...
Scaling buildings (Pram shop) and forcibly removing material (even hankies) from many supporters in the ground which had "Martin Out" or similar written on them. Or even having graffiti almost immediately removed from Roots Hall and other sites when it popped up.

Indeed. Odd really, when he really should be looking a lot closer to home for any causes of his name being portrayed in a bad light!

We all want this nightmare to to be sorted asap,especially the staff who are awaiting their wages.Unfortunately it will take as long as it takes but I expect the new owners want it sooner rather than later.Regretably the longer this goes on will hamper Kev and the coaching staff in the recruitment process,its all very frustrating but patience is a vertue

Such a passive-aggressive post, no need for it.

Most supporter's stress stems from years of watching the club decay, so perhaps you can forgive some folks for their enthusiasm in hoping that this sorry chapter can be put behind us. The large proportion of our "deluded" fanbase probably took the cue from one of the potential new owners posting "let's do this" alongside the club emblem on social media last week - hardly some random on an internet forum is it?

Whilst I agree that the period to conclude this type of transaction tends to be long, it is my belief that things are progressing towards a more-than-satisfactory conclusion.

Most supporter's stress stems from years of watching the club decay, so perhaps you can forgive some folks for their enthusiasm in hoping that this sorry chapter can be put behind us. The large proportion of our "deluded" fanbase probably took the cue from one of the potential new owners posting "let's do this" alongside the club emblem on social media last week - hardly some random on an internet forum is it?

Whilst I agree that the period to conclude this type of transaction tends to be long, it is my belief that things are progressing towards a more-than-satisfactory conclusion.
What’s your expected timeframe from here TFH?

Slightly off topic, but on the subject of unpaid staff I would love it if the new owners afforded them a lap of honour before the first home game of the season. If we manage to make it through all of this, they will be the real heroes.
As long as that's not the reward the club statement is referring to

As well as respected and usually in the know journalists Chris Phillips and Matt Slater both stating it as being very very close (almost done last week)

Surely worth getting excited about.

Given the tone of the statement today and the fact there’s tangible maintenance going on at the new training pitches I think it’s more than reasonable to assume the takeover is imminent. There’s no way RM has had his paws on that statement and the training pitches have seemingly been left abandoned for 2 months until now. I’m confident we will hear something this week (I have a hunch tomorrow). Cautiously nervous though that it’s RM we’re dealing with and he could throw a spanner in the works at any moment.

Oh he does.

Like I said in the past he cared but now he’s going my guess is he’s more concerned with getting the best deal possible for himself than worrying about what the fan base think of him.
Could be wrong and maybe he’s so deluded that he thinks he’s gonna come out of this as some kinda SUFC legend 😂

Reactions: fbm
Like I said in the past he cared but now he’s going my guess is he’s more concerned with getting the best deal possible for himself than worrying about what the fan base think of him.
Could be wrong and maybe he’s so deluded that he thinks he’s gonna come out of this as some kinda SUFC legend 😂
Not all legends are about good people

If the back room staff have not been paid to date, but first team and players have.

Is it time again for us SUFC supporters to help out and help those back room staff and carry out another GO FUND ME page.

Just because we have done it once, does not mean we cant do it again.

Done it about 3 times now... (if you're counting back quite a few years).

In my opinion, if you're not being paid by your employer, you've got to question why you're not leaving for other employment and why you're coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back