• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it be ok for a business to only pay some (the top earners ) and nothing to others ? Is that even legal ?
Because it was sanctioned by the court. The club specifically sought approval to do so.

(The logic being that if the players were allowed to be paid we’d still have an asset to sale, meaning those others were more likely to eventually be paid)

Fails to acknowledge that the unfreezing was needed to help satisfy our league status with NL, and does not address when this new deadline will be, only mentions the existing HMRC date. Hopefully it falls in line with the main HMRC date, but it would not surprise me if this was sooner.

The NL are going to want all their ducks in order before other clubs start appealing our financial degeneracy.

I don't think we could have asked much more from a club statement given the history.

Regarding the plural in "interested parties" it was always going to be stated that way, Ron's not going to admit all his eggs are in one basket even if there was only one basket left in the world.

I'm mostly just relieved. Seeing a club statement posted is out of character these days and 10% of me feared the worst that the court hearing had gone against us.

All things considered, that’s a decent statement from the club. Deals with the issues at hand in a far more open way than we’ve had for quite some time.
Indeed, but my frustration is that (on the face of it) the NL have been more lenient around deadlines that I expected/hoped for. If I've got my dates correct, they've given us until after their AGM to pay off the debts.

It seems to say that the court has unfrozen accounts so the club can contiue to run day to day .At no point did it say the takeover is dead . So again its a wait and see time .

I'm astonished...it had the word 'sorry' in there. Definitely didn't have to get approval from Ron to publish.
Beat me to it, I can't think of a single apology in all the years Ron has been at the helm (maybe I'm wrong), the fact it includes an apology makes me think either Tom has been told to release a statement without being told what to say or the new group looking to take over have had some say in it. Not enough by far but an apology at least accepts blame and is a start.

Indeed. And an apology to those waiting for money. My feeling after reading this statement is that Kimura are saying pay all debts to staff, contractors and HMRC and then the deal is sealed. Can't blame them. So July then.
We’d need to do this for the National League anyway so I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Is anyone/fans at the court today? There was a chap on twitter who was live tweeting what happened at the previous hearing, but haven't come across anything as of yet
The PA had a reporter there so we should see some news organisations pick it up from the wire but it doesn’t really say anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back