• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we reading too much into Stans Instagram activity and where he is in the world. Surely the man is allowed a holiday without us jumping to the "which rich and famous person lives in the same place that Stan is in today"
I hope Stan's next destination is a morally dubious but mega wealthy Gulf state, just for the fun of reading the inevitable meltdown and fervent debates.

I still fail to see how the sale will even work to be honest. The new stadium complicates matters and the fact the club doesn't own anything we're going to need a very wealthy person to buy Fossett's & the new training ground plus any potential debts we'll have. Add even further that Ron still wants to run the build of the stadium, what crazy person will want to deal with all of that?

That's if he even wants to actually sell, does he even want too, or has he just said that to get fans off his back for a while. Perhaps he'll prefer investment instead but again, who'll want to intrust their money with Ron? Again, if someone invested, how would that work with potentially taking a slice of the pie from the stadium money?

All very confusing.

This would incredible for the club but I'm not sure DB has that much interested in owning a UK based club, what with living in the US.

Imagine what a profile he would bring to the club. Ryan Reynolds is one thing but DB is football royalty.
It would certainly Spice up our lives 😱. Couldn’t resist it !

I still fail to see how the sale will even work to be honest. The new stadium complicates matters and the fact the club doesn't own anything we're going to need a very wealthy person to buy Fossett's & the new training ground plus any potential debts we'll have. Add even further that Ron still wants to run the build of the stadium, what crazy person will want to deal with all of that?

That's if he even wants to actually sell, does he even want too, or has he just said that to get fans off his back for a while. Perhaps he'll prefer investment instead but again, who'll want to intrust their money with Ron? Again, if someone invested, how would that work with potentially taking a slice of the pie from the stadium money?

All very confusing.
Any buyer will be looking at the potential of the club, with its fan base, going in to a new stadium.
There’s a lot of potential if you ask me. So I’d be very surprised if there’s no interest out there.

Are we reading too much into Stans Instagram activity and where he is in the world. Surely the man is allowed a holiday without us jumping to the "which rich and famous person lives in the same place that Stan is in today"
I genuinely don't believe it was just a holiday. I also don't think whatever he's doing out there (and we can all guess) is at the behest of RM or TL.

All very confusing.

Thats not what Ron said at the press gathering.

Any buyer will be looking at the potential of the club, with its fan base, going in to a new stadium.
There’s a lot of potential if you ask me. So I’d be very surprised if there’s no interest out there.
No doubt there's potential, I don't dispute that. My points of concerns were listed in my post.

Any proper business man ie someone successful and with real money and clout, would simply walk over Martin in a deal. They would massively have the upper hand because of how skint Ron has become.

Any proper business man ie someone successful and with real money and clout, would simply walk over Martin in a deal. They would massively have the upper hand because of how skint Ron has become.
You'd think that but I genuinely think Ron will just **** everyone off so much that they just can't be arsed anymore. Don't underestimate Ron's ability to mess anything in the world up.

I doubt it's Ron doing the negotiating though. Most of the work will be done by the company he appointed to oversee the sale

Is this possible.
FF doesn't go ahead, financial reasons.
New owner buys club plus RH freehold. The latter at a football ground price rather than development value since that only possible if football club has somewhere else to play.
New owner spends money re-furbishing RH and takes time deciding long term ground options.
Can someone advise how much that might cost.
Roots Hall is beyond refurbishment.

It would cost Millions to do and with modern regulations we would end up with a smaller stadium. Not to mention we would have nowhere to play while this work was taking place.

Fossets farm will be our next home, whenever that will be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back