• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ladies and gentlemen, ----- today's half-time entertainment in the first match live from the brand-new Ron Martin and Rose West arena is the Rock laying down the People's Elbow on the ex-chairman of the Southend City Strikers, Ron the Con.

The more you cheer , the more the damage inflicted on the most-hated man in Southend"

I would pay good money to see that happen.

Don't underestimate the possibility and power of his interest being significantly piqued by what his close friend Ryan Reynolds has been doing at Wrexham.

By no means am I saying it will be at the top end of the spectrum - i.e. he will be all in, investing in the club itself, flying over for numerous games, etc.

But I also don't think it would be at the bottom end of the spectrum where he "won't have any knowledge of us or the discussion whatsoever".

The reality is likely to be a halfway house. But, coming into it with his eyes wide open due to his relationship with Reynolds, just facilitating the documentary through his production company *could* open the door to him getting caught in the net like Reynolds was and becoming more interested in investing in the club itself.

You never know.
I have no idea how close he is with Reynolds.

I don't doubt that halfway house para, but as of now a lot of people have read a headline and jumped to a wrong conclusion. One look at Twitter tells you that. I was purely trying to provide clarity that he isn't buying the club as many seem to think in the chats I'm seeing since Chris' story

I work in this industry so I know Sports/Media/Production having done it for 13 years.

For example I'm currently working on a sports documentary production in Germany. Pretty sure my CEO would be aware but he has no involvement.

Him owning a production agency doesn't mean he's got a significant involvement in the day-o-day is all I'm saying.

Lots of big jumps and large expectations being set perhaps wrongly. Just hitting in a dose of reality

I have no idea how close he is with Reynolds.

I don't doubt that halfway house para, but as of now a lot of people have read a headline and jumped to a wrong conclusion. One look at Twitter tells you that. I was purely trying to provide clarity that he isn't buying the club as many seem to think in the chats I'm seeing since Chris' story

I work in this industry so I know Sports/Media/Production having done it for 13 years.

For example I'm currently working on a sports documentary production in Germany. Pretty sure my CEO would be aware but he has no involvement.

Him owning a production agency doesn't mean he's got a significant involvement in the day-o-day is all I'm saying.

Lots of big jumps and large expectations being set perhaps wrongly. Just hitting in a dose of reality
I completely get what you're saying. You're providing an argument, I'm providing the counter.

On my bit in bold - Seven Bucks Production was literally formed to further Dwayne Johnson's TV and film career. He's not an office CEO delegating everything out. I'm fairly sure that if the documentary comes to fruition, he will be more involved than you might think.

Welcome to Wrexham has been huge. Other streaming services want a slice of the pie.

I’m struggling to keep up to be honest. I think there was something about Ron having Rocks in his head because it’s half Term. There are 3-2-1 bids but Ron threw them in his Dusty Bin.
because he don’t win the star prize of Ronnie O’Sullivans super yacht. Or something like that

One interesting thing that's come up often lately in this thread is an expectation that nothing good can ever happen to the club, and I wonder if many (as a recent example) of the Wrexham supporters viewed their takeover, cynically, as a play thing for some rich Hollywood types who'd get bored at the first sight of trouble. They're a club who, like us, have been close to oblivion for what seemed like an eternity and its not unreasonable or wrong to come to the conclusion 'oh well, that's just our lot, we're doomed to a miserable existence'.

Now, after years of doom and gloom, there's a faint hint of hope on the horizon.
I'll be honest I've definitely fallen into the trap of negatively reacting to news of wealthy new owners who want to engage with fans, change the ethos of the club, and put us back where we belong (maybe even beyond). After all we've been through over the last dreadful 8 years, why us? I'd go so far as to say, some of that is fear of finally having nothing holding us back...

I went to a number of away-days this season (Gateshead, Scunny, County, Wrexham) and thought our support has never been in better shape. Set aside the off the field issues, the passion is there, willing the lads on each week. IMO that's what any new owners are really buying - the endless support of people who've been through footballing hell.
I think its a common theme been in the clubs back on a meteoric rise from a spell of misfortune (Luton, Coventry, Wrexham etc.) they've absolutely suffered and come out the other side hardened by it, and over the bloody moon they've got anything to cheer at all.

So when you look at the reaction to something that, anyone who is not a blues fan, would probably view as good news i.e. a potential documentary produced by one of the most popular production companies in media, and see some of it is negative, I think that's just a result of being beaten down by bad news for years.

Better times are ahead, and that will lead to even better times I reckon. After all, why not us?

UTB!!!

Looking forward to the Ron statement telling us we are way off the Mark again only to be disappointed that the consortium is Mark Molesley and his entire back room army!

The more I mull over that statement, the more irrelevant I think it is.

You can read it in 2 very different ways. Either:
  1. NDAs have been signed and Heads of Term agreements issued to all 3 parties, or
  2. NDAs have been signed with 3 parties but Heads of Term issued to only one of them.
If it's number 2, which I suspect it is, then we're exactly where we all thought we were this morning and so there's nothing to really worry about at this stage.

We know what Ron is like. I think he likes to troll fans a little bit, and I think he wanted a way to say "I'm still in control of this situation and I have the final say" after all of the leaks over the past few days.

There are/were 2 other interested parties and I believe they are under NDAs, but I am under the impression that discussions with them ran out of steam and discussions with Kimura gathered steam. Thus, Kimura are likely (and from what I understand only) further down the line - probably far enough (although I don't know for sure) to have been issued with said Head of Terms document.

I would imagine the statement wasn't a huge surprise to Kimura if they've been talking to Ron for a few months, and they probably haven't read anything into it.

Only my opinion of course, but nothing to see here.

The more I mull over that statement, the more irrelevant I think it is.

You can read it in 2 very different ways. Either:
  1. NDAs have been signed and Heads of Term agreements issued to all 3 parties, or
  2. NDAs have been signed with 3 parties but Heads of Term issued to only one of them.
If it's number 2, which I suspect it is, then we're exactly where we all thought we were this morning and so there's nothing to really worry about at this stage.

We know what Ron is like. I think he likes to troll fans a little bit, and I think he wanted a way to say "I'm still in control of this situation and I have the final say" after all of the leaks over the past few days.

There are/were 2 other interested parties and I believe they are under NDAs, but I am under the impression that discussions with them ran out of steam and discussions with Kimura gathered steam. Thus, Kimura are likely (and from what I understand only) further down the line - probably far enough (although I don't know for sure) to have been issued with said Head of Terms document.

I would imagine the statement wasn't a huge surprise to Kimura if they've been talking to Ron for a few months, and they probably haven't read anything into it.

Only my opinion of course, but nothing to see here.
Spot on.

Overall its good news regarding this potential takeover. Hopefully they will let the current regime of Kevin, Darren, Mark, Stan, John and Tom carry on in their roles which have seen some stability and a well thought out blueprint/model for future success.
Sometimes the new owners like to put people of their own choice in these positions. That is a bit of a worry.

Forget everything you’ve read or heard.

a consortium of Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Tom Jones and Mick Jagger have been in talks to buy the club and that a £35 million deal has now been signed effective from today.
happy days…..all our woes are behind us.

Well, The Times They Are a'changing! It's a Common One, and It's Not Unusual, but Gimme Shelter from all these rumours......

I saw the club statement as Ron kind of covering the whole NDA thing and maybe reigning the local bidders in a bit. Last thing we need as a club is any accusations of shenanigans with the buying process to crop up once Ron is gone.

I r
A Heads of Terms document is considered an agreement in principle on the terms of a transaction. This could include agreements on price and what is for sale.

It's not legally enforceable (so not a contract) but you wouldn't draw one up if you weren't serious.

To get to such a stage you would have to be some way down the line in negotiations.

Judging by the party making the most noise, we could make an educated guess that those who have sorted the Heads of Terms are the Kimura Capital consortium.

I suspect it's Kimura performance rather than capital - but that's splitting hairs a little bit. Perhaps we should just call it the Kimura bid or Kimura consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back