• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin - Questions and Answers

If anyone is interested maybe they should have a read of this website http://www.seatrights.com/

Would be interested in peoples thoughts as it seems this is the direction Ron is following especially as the Stadium Capital Financing Group opened an office in London fairly recently -http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=212455

Well translated, have been off-line, so much appreciate your input.

"Carl" seems to have an on-going problem - some things never change.

Stadia finance remains very fluid, despite the Reccession and a profitable area of business for finance houses in USA, so they are keen to export their products to other countries, in particular the UK.

So contrary to the populist belief in other areas of SZ, finance is [subject to conditions] reaslisticly available.

If supporters/fans are to have reserved rights to "buy" seats long term, they need to know well in advance to be capable of making their own personal financial provisions.

Hopefully the forthcoming blog by RM will provide some further information, without the need for questions ever to be raised again ???

We'll all just listen and be totally enchanted.

Maybe Carl is the 21st century Pied Piper ?

Last edited:
Well translated, have been off-line, so much appreciate your input.

"Carl" seems to have an on-going problem - some things never change.

Maybe Carl is the 21st century Pied Piper ?

I think the problem he has is that he only speaks English. I have the same trouble.

Lighten up in, no need to be Irate all of the time.

A Pair of. Maybe should have paid more attention in class.

Maybe you should have paid more attention Ian. 'Stadia' is surely the plural form of stadium and should not be used in connection with the development of a singular stadium, unless Mr Martin has envisaged some sort of Mothership stadium at Fossett's Farm, with a number of smaller stadia in its orbit. I didn't see that on the plans, I must say.

Maybe you should have paid more attention Ian. 'Stadia' is surely the plural form of stadium and should not be used in connection with the development of a singular stadium, unless Mr Martin has envisaged some sort of Mothership stadium at Fossett's Farm, with a number of smaller stadia in its orbit. I didn't see that on the plans, I must say.

Rightieo. But the post was about US finance companies who provide funding for no less than: Stadia [as stated].

And the original question you posed was definitely fair Ian, once it's been translated.

Okey Dokey, I seek to always raise "fair" issues, but then again life
and business life in partiuclar, has a habit of being particularly unfair.

Even my children would rather be considered sceptics than fools.

No need to translate, I hear you loud and clear.

Last edited:
I believe that they 'insist' on a percentage of seats being sold 'for life'. Ron said at the AGM that they like to see around 5/10% of the stadium being sold on that basis but he'd like as little as possible if any at all.

Can't see why he would want to minimise the number of long term season tickets or "seats for life". Money is going to be hard enough to find without turning his back on a (very) partial (in both senses of the word) contribution.

Can't see why he would want to minimise the number of long term season tickets or "seats for life". Money is going to be hard enough to find without turning his back on a (very) partial (in both senses of the word) contribution.

Difficult to answer this one, you would have to raise direct question to RM.

At a guess I would say he is reluctant to relinquish 10% of the development, as maybe would seem to him like skimming off the top part of his cream.

At 8 March 08 meeting he stated not being in favour of any scheme at all.

Maybe since changed policy or have been forced into doing u turn, due to conditions likely to be imposed on him or his company by the probable financiers.

The detail remains shrouded in secrecy, or non-released at this time, which is surprising as other than very well heeled supporters may struggle to organise finances to be capable of taking advantage of an offer of this nature, when and if it is made at a later date, at short notice.

Last edited:
Will it be that short notice though ?

presumably this "seats for life" scheme is tied in with the funding for the stadium. Therefore the details will be known at the point the funding is agreed.
As the work on the stadium would not be undertaken until the funding was finalised , and they customers could not be expected to pay for a seat until it is actually there for them to choose ,those who wished to partake would effectively have however long it takes to build the thing to raise the funds

Will it be that short notice though ?

presumably this "seats for life" scheme is tied in with the funding for the stadium. Therefore the details will be known at the point the funding is agreed.
As the work on the stadium would not be undertaken until the funding was finalised , and they customers could not be expected to pay for a seat until it is actually there for them to choose ,those who wished to partake would effectively have however long it takes to build the thing to raise the funds

Maybe shorter notice than may be desirable, would have been better way of putting it. The build is only likely to take about 18 mths and feel quietly confident RM might want the money paid up front or "off plan" or maybe stage payments - bit like seasons.

With the cost of buidling and metals hitting the floor, wonder what now is the estimated cost per seat in Stadium ?

I think Sheriff last calculated it to be in the area of £? memories gone so if you are about Sheriff would apppreciate your up-dating us. Ta

Wasn't this board so much better with the Irate one. Come back Ian!

I cannot say that I ever really liked Irate Ian and clashed with him on numerous occasions. It is only now that I can appreciate (with everything that has happened) what a visionary he actually was.

I know he was banned for life for some unspecified misdemenour but yes, it is a much duller board without him and he should be allowed to return forthwith.

FREE THE IRATE ONE!!!!

HAve spoken to him myself recently and he has politely stated he has no such wish to return. He still peruses the threads though, so if he has anything he wants to add, I'm sure there are people who he'd trust to get his comments over if they were necessary.

HAve spoken to him myself recently and he has politely stated he has no such wish to return. He still peruses the threads though, so if he has anything he wants to add, I'm sure there are people who he'd trust to get his comments over if they were necessary.

Exactly what he told me.

Shame, he was a fantastic target.

he actually knew what he was talking about in my opinion. I bet there are people who used to critize his questioning or Ron who now want the same answers he did

He may have been a pain in the arse but as UWS says, he knows his stuff and was right to question RM. Luckily i still speak to Ian regularly and find some of his views and concerns very interesting at the moment

Back