• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ron speaks

Fair statement. He seems quite up beat. One can only assume that the backing for the fossetts development is looming.

Ordinarily we would be staring at financial oblivion after 3 months without income.

It contains a few nuggets of info - we're struggling to even sign all the Academy players; there will be players leaving but no signings before a start date has been set. There are a few Ron-isms; a new word ("here also we will keefor(sic) our move to Fossetts") and the usual crimes against apostrophes and grammar.

He sums up well the match-day experience but seems reluctant for the new season to start, even behind closed doors. I wonder how much that's because he needs as much time as possible to secure funding in order to recruit a team?

What I do like though is that it seems authentic. It's not some brand, polished corporate statement. Like our club it is flawed but personal; it has quirks and charms.

I wish him luck in securing funding and our club's future.

Wondering who the youth players are that have rejected offers? Clifford perhaps.. very much hoping not!

As above, a fair statement and indeed a great example of the bonkers nature of this club. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

This is far better than the usual statement with spin.
Thank You Ron,If all statements are like this I and am sure many others will be happy.

Not in a position to say anything concrete bar the bleeding obvious, but needed to say something.

Good statement.

Only serious omissions were an Amazon link to 'Roots To The 92' and reference to the SUEPA squad of 233 being ready to 'step up' if the Academy lads won't sign a zero hours contract.

Oh well

Wondering who the youth players are that have rejected offers? Clifford perhaps.. very much hoping not!

As above, a fair statement and indeed a great example of the bonkers nature of this club. Wouldn’t have it any other way.
He doesn’t say they have rejected.. just they haven’t signed ... yet

I expect some of these young players will be keeping their options open and shopping around but so will many more senior players before long . Unemployment looming the way things are going at this level and worrying times for some.

I expect some of these young players will be keeping their options open and shopping around but so will many more senior players before long . Unemployment looming the way things are going at this level and worrying times for some.

I expect that the contracts offered were well below what they would have expected them to be under normal circumstances and the players are hanging on to see whether other offers come in and what they look like, I hope that Ron doesn't end up having to recind any of the offers as that could really screw over some of the youngsters

I wouldn’t read too much into Ron’s comment other than a little nudge. With 1400 EFL players about to be out of contact, a contract in the hand is like gold dust- so mummy, daddy or the agent might want to go and find a pen :-)

I wouldn’t read too much into Ron’s comment other than a little nudge. With 1400 EFL players about to be out of contact, a contract in the hand is like gold dust- so mummy, daddy or the agent might want to go and find a pen :-)
Spot on, I rather be safe and secure at an club, even earning slightly less, than joining 1’400 plus on the scrapyard.

I think there may be a hint that perhaps season card holders might want to donate the remaining games to the club?
Maybe, Ron read this from Dons?

Back