• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron

I think my short trip to Pompey is off for now. I thought it was a dodgy appointment when he took temporary charge last season. We need proven lower league managers not side kicks who have not managed!!?

As part of Adam Barrett’s backroom team, yep
Part of me (heart) is attracted to the idea of Adam Barrett but the sensible part of me (head) says lets not do that. There is absolutely no reason why Adam could walk in here and be successful and I really wouldn't want one of my favourite ex players to crash and burn. There are others more experienced that would be exactly what we need at this moment.

Who would have Tilson back? One of our best managers, I imagine he would be available. I know it’s been a while but would prefer him over Bond

For Gawd's sake, I love Tilly as much as the next man (or woman) but have you seriously looked at his CV since leaving Lincoln?

Parkinson would do the job well as far as I am concerned. Knows the club from his Colchester days, probably knows Ron too.

I think Ron's silence atm speaks louder than words. He is known for coming out with rash statements when it suits his agenda or defending himself,( its all the other person). The will be hitting him hard and his ego will not stand for people letting him down.

If we lose another few games, Bond Will be gone. Another pill Ron will have to swallow.

Ron is silent probably because he is out of the country on his holidays. Have been told he isn't back until after the Portsmouth defeat.

I suspect Ron will give him another 5 games to turn it around, but I would not be surprised if he doesn't start putting out feelers Monday morning for a possible replacement, just in case.

In my humble opinion, the Chairman has to act quickly if he wants to salvage something for the club from this season.

No, no., no please not Waddock, his managerial cv is awful!!
Totally agree. Thought the two under Powell seemed to do F**k all but these two seem even more useless. Watched them in the warm up, hardly any interaction with the players. During the game the only one on the bench who seemed to give a **** was Harrison

Who would have Tilson back? One of our best managers, I imagine he would be available. I know it’s been a while but would prefer him over Bond

Would take him back just for a boost for the club. But, long term, Parkinson would be better.

R M is a very big part of the problem, that he needs to sort out.
We are the last to sign players. Get the players signed in June , not wait til August and expect them to fit straight into the squad. has he learned nothing from previous seasons?

Defenders in this league need to be big strong and fit from the off ( to cope with the likes of Akinfenwe)

Blackpool showed us that in the first home game.

So Ron has to put his hand in his pocket to get rid of a manger, when he should have put his hand in his pocket in the first place, to sign early, fit defenders, instead of players that are either 35 and past it or youngsters on loan.

The Monies got from lennie and dru hane to be spent pro-actively, rather than now to avoid relegation!

(awaits backlash from the RM he has saved our club lovers)

I've heard removes it's been mooted as a dual manager position with Barrett. There's some dissenters I see but at least we've have two 'Southend through and through' guys in charge.

I notice OBL's mentioned Tilly's record since leaving, TBF it was only at Lincoln he really failed, and he only failed at Southend arguably because the players weren't being paid. He was probably too loyal if anything.

He did brilliant because all his team mates loved him. So when he became Manager, they gave him everything. When he went to manage Lincoln, they didn't know him. He had a nightmare. By the way, Paul Brush played a bigger part in the Tilly and Brush partnership than people gave him credit for.

Back