• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron's echo blog

I agree, if he withdrew his time, effort and money then the club would be in deep, deep do-do. I think a lot of other clubs would be very grateful for the same open door approach and level of communication we have both with and from the man, if people continue disparaging in this manner then he might decide enough is enough.

Don't think so some how.

Agreed. I can't quite believe how little Tilson rated him in the fee side of things and how so many people on here aren't fussed. £50,000 for a striker who was a regular scorer in League 2 as an 18 year old and then who fired us up the table? Strange. Especially for a manager who was quite happy to pay £150,000 for Revell, £150,000 for Foran and £200,000 for Paynter. In my opinion he's worth the £200,000 Huddersfield will get him for and we're going to struggle without a player of his type in the team.

Maybe he's erring on the side of caution exactly because of that! If we paid 200K+ for theo and he didn't score for 5-10 games i'm sure loads of poeple would be jumping on his and the clubs back they really cant win.

What caught my eye was Ron saying Peter Clarke's 3 year stay with us cost £1m, now we paid £300k to get him, does that mean clarkey was on £200k a year with us !!!

What caught my eye was Ron saying Peter Clarke's 3 year stay with us cost £1m, now we paid £300k to get him, does that mean clarkey was on £200k a year with us !!!

Around about 3.5k per week, which is well within the realms of possibility.

Don't think it's as simple as that, aren't transfer fees subject to VAT? Plus incidentals like agents fees and the bill will soon mount up without taking flat salary into account. I guess then on top of the basic salary there will be bonuses for wins, goal scoring etc, therefore the figure will soon mount up.

Hmmm not sure I like the way he tries to belittle critics. He refers to a trio of letter writers as the Three Musketeers. He later refers to them as D'Artagnan & Co and of course D'Artagnan was not one of the Three Musketeers. Is the rest of what he writes more factually accurate? Who knows? He's built up a pretty large groundswell of goodwill and I want to believe him.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as a Chairman RM should be above this type of childish sarcasm. I always get the feeling that some of his 'ramblings' would benefit from a re-read in the morning before he hits 'send'.

I would feel hurt if I was Ron, that there are stupid ***** calling for his head, when he has done so much for the club.

You all need to get over the Robinson saga.

Back