• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Ron's next statement

Dick Bate's Protege

Minister for Equality
Unless I'm mistaken Ron Martin hasn't made the promised pre weekend statement yet. Is he preparing it for tonight, followed by a gallant pitchside stroll laping up the crowds applause?

I'm going for it to be released at 6pm or Ron may just step onto the pitch with a mic...

I'm going for it to be released at 6pm or Ron may just step onto the pitch with a mic...

Funny thing is if he did that, i personally would have a lot of respect for him even if he said unfortunately administration etc...

Funny thing is if he did that, i personally would have a lot of respect for him even if he said unfortunately administration etc...

He couldn't say that, even if it were the truth. Just imagine, the crowd is up for it, the teams are in the tunnel and Ron says we're going into administration. Cue seats being ripped up and lobbed in his general direction and scores of fans running onto the pitch, fists at the ready. It ain't going to happen.

I remember one of Rons many pitch speeches a couple of years back before we had planning from Southend council.

He stood on the pitch saying that if we got the backing of the council thats all he needed to make this club FLY, didnt say direction though.

I know the economic climate has been worst in history, but surely this should have told him to reign it in a bit. Revell admitted this week the players were paid late but Ron denied this weeks ago.

Even if he came on the pitch tonight and said he could pay the bill, who would 100% trust him that its true, what has happened at OUR club is nothing short of a disgrace and gross overspending on a dream.

Honesty was the policy for Ron a policy he chose to ignore and lie to the lifeblood of the club, THE FANS, instead stories of a warchest!!

There has never been so much money in football yet so many clubs in trouble!!!

Last edited:
I remember one of Rons many pitch speeches a couple of years back before we had planning from Southend council.

He stood on the pitch saying that if we got the backing of the council thats all he needed to make this club FLY, didnt say direction though.

I know the economic climate has been worst in history, but surely this should have told him to reign it in a bit. Revell admitted this week the players were paid late but Ron denied this weeks ago.

Even if he came on the pitch tonight and said he could pay the bill, who would 100% trust him that its true, what has happened at OUR club is nothing short of a disgrace and gross overspending on a dream.

Honesty was the policy for Ron a policy he chose to ignore and lie to the lifeblood of the club, THE FANS, instead stories of a warchest!!

Unless your chairman is a billionaire who can bankroll your club then your club is probably broke or worse!!

i don't think it will be a good idea if he does come onto the pitch, this game needs to be nothing about him. i don't think tilly would like it either. tonight is about football nothing else.

although if he did do it it would take a lot of guts i must admit but not the right time for it tonight.

The economic meltdown was after all the plans for stadium were finalised. We have reigned it in in recent times and us supporters have been complaining all season about lack of signings and demanding more money spent!

The Warchest obviously disappeared when the recession came along and wiped out his property business...

Last I checked not a lot of that money makes its way down to League One and seeing how Premiership clubs like West Ham and Portsmouth are struggling not really promising for the lower leagues.

Spot on.

But that's not Ron's fault is it?

Im sure the bad news will be uploaded to the website at about the same time the majority of the fanbase are sat in their seats watching the game

My prediction is simultaneous website announcement and programme notes.

If he does go on the pitch, his best bet would simply be to say get behind the lads and eat up the 10 point deficit.

Back