• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam. we are good enough to be 5th but the fact is we got there fortunately. we weren't always convincing in those 4 wins in a row. only one we were assured in was with Pompey. Cheltenham we just about clinched by a single goal when they had 10 men. Shrewsbury, if they'd taken their chances, would've won on another day. and York we shaded but nearly let them off the hook at the end. we scraped our way to 12 out of 12 points but in reality, how the games panned out, the fairer points tally should've been 7 points for us.

Jam. we are good enough to be 5th but the fact is we got there fortunately. we weren't always convincing in those 4 wins in a row. only one we were assured in was with Pompey. Cheltenham we just about clinched by a single goal when they had 10 men. Shrewsbury, if they'd taken their chances, would've won on another day. and York we shaded but nearly let them off the hook at the end. we scraped our way to 12 out of 12 points but in reality, how the games panned out, the fairer points tally should've been 7 points for us.

Oh dear. Yes you are right, if Shewsbury scored goals we would have lost that game, and if all the other teams had scored 4 more than they had we would be in the relegation zone.

The funny thing is they didnt.

Criticisting a manager for things that might of but didnt happen is rather laughable.

Guess we were fortunate to finish in the play offs last year as well then.

Tables don't lie. We are 5th.

I think not forcing his managers to live with transfer embargos would be a start. This is the first season in years we havent had one. Maybe if he had been doing such a good job we wouldnt have had them for 4 years and wouldnt have been relegated in the first place to then require promotion.[/QUOTE]

Times are tough. Clearly from what you say Southend has had enormous problems. Credit RM because many Chairman would have cited the plight to to advocate consolidation at best and not add to the financial pressure by signing the number of players that our recent managers have had the opportunity to do.

As a fan I want to be able to watch my team play and thus far, despite constant scaremongering from many, the gates at RH have remained open. Furthermore, the side has often appeared to be of sufficient quality to challenge for promotion. For me that means RM has delivered all I can wish for.

The managers however have not quite lived up to hope/expectation. If there were no embargoes there would still be no guarantee that we would have achieved promotion. Bring in all the players you want but if they are not set up correctly they will still struggle.

We can come up with as many excuses for the failure to get promotion as we like but ultimately it has been because the teams we have sent out have not consistently produced the goods. That is despite the majority of terrace pundits believing that we have had sides more than capable of going up.

Oh dear. Yes you are right, if Shewsbury scored goals we would have lost that game, and if all the other teams had scored 4 more than they had we would be in the relegation zone.

The funny thing is they didnt.

Criticisting a manager for things that might of but didnt happen is rather laughable.

Guess we were fortunate to finish in the play offs last year as well then.

Tables don't lie. We are 5th.

Shrewsbury had moe chances than us and should've taken them. I said we are a top 7 side but we hae't got to 5th on total merit. As the year progresses things tend to even themselves out so I hope when that happens we are in the mix which I hope we will be and should be.

Shrewsbury had moe chances than us and should've taken them. I said we are a top 7 side but we hae't got to 5th on total merit. As the year progresses things tend to even themselves out so I hope when that happens we are in the mix which I hope we will be and should be.

They didnt though did they, and we did so we win. (we had 6 on target compared to their 4 anyway). We didnt deserve to lose what was a tight game so I have no idea what point you are making.

If you get points for having shots and not taking them we would be 20 points clear by now.

jam, hence another unconvincing performance. now we're outside the play off places. luck will only carry you so far and now 8th seems more realistic than 8th display-wise. still, much of the season to go and we hope we prove we're a top 7 side by total merit

Ron has done and continues to do an outstanding job at Southend United. He has had many a sleepless night in his heroic attempt to drag this club higher up the football ladder. He believes we have the players currently at the club who are capable of achieving that goal this season. However he has become alarmed at the current level of performance on the pitch. He realises as does Phil that it is not acceptable and must improve quickly.
image.jpg

Southend Pier, I'd suggest you might do better on here if you stopped keep singling out Jam_Man with your posts!

fact is we got there fortunately. we weren't always convincing in those 4 wins in a row.

A) It's not a fact. It's your opinion.
B) To say a team is lucky to win 4 games in a row is comical.

If any of them games you consider we were lucky then the Morecombe and Wimbledon games where we lost should be considered incredibly unlucky.

A) It's not a fact. It's your opinion.
B) To say a team is lucky to win 4 games in a row is comical.

If any of them games you consider we were lucky then the Morecombe and Wimbledon games where we lost should be considered incredibly unlucky.

I agree 'lucky' is a term that is generally subjective and not something that can be proven. I do feel though that our wins have lacked 'authority' and are seldom convincing. I have seen us look unplayable and yet in the very same match we look a shambles.

Consistency is as lacking as goals for us and quite frankly I am an armchair pundit that does not have the solution. On paper we look a handy outfit. On the field we go from fluid to disjointed in the blink of an eye. This is a problem that is far from new to us and no matter how things are addressed no remedy is forthcoming.

We seem to jog along doing the same thing and generally finding it was not quite good enough. At times it would appear the team needs a tweak here and there but either nothing is done or too much. Twice we have seen gestures of wholesale changes, I think the Walsall game was one and that ended badly and yesterday was another.

If having made the changes PB persists with it for a few matches to see if it gels then ok but I suspect, as in the past, he will revert to type and select the usual suspects in the next match.

We know the players can do the business when they are on their game but sadly that seems to be too irregular.

Westy. yes it is my opinion and suggested nothing to the contrary. Pompey at home we were, as rab puts it well, authoritative but not as much in the other 3. if we play like we hav e we run the risk of things evening themselves out and we might face a fight to make the play-offs. that said I'd be nclined to think we'd be top 7. As rab also says, we must be more ruthless and if we can be, the system's right and players play in the way they were brought up in we are top7 no doubt. Jack n Will have been told to play a tad more cautiously not because they've been found out. That is an example. Phil's tinkering still hasn't brought about the consistent athorititive desired effect Like when we were polishing teams off under Luggy 3 years ago. at the mo we've used much fortune and dropping to 8th seems more realistic which I hope temporarily proves my point.

Another way of looking a it we could not get back in to the game with Morecambe , didn't keep out Exeter, Couldn't find a winner yesterday when we should've done in that sort of game . We dropped off after a good first half. so fortune wasn't on our side because by lawof averages we've used up quite a bit already. as that wasn't with us we dropped 2 points and slipped down 3 places. now, had we had been dominant n ruthless we'd have won.

So Southend Pier - they have let you back on. Wonder how long you will last this time. Oh and by the way I was at the match yesterday and so was not banned from the club yet. Does that suggest you don't have the mighty powers yet that you previously referred to?

Brian don't under estimate me please. Your comment is typical of some1 who hasn't anything constructive to say or doesn't know how to. and chips on shoulders emerge because of it. but I respect you though Your a shrimper after al.

Brian don't under estimate me please. Your comment is typical of some1 who hasn't anything constructive to say or doesn't know how to. and chips on shoulders emerge because of it. but I respect you though Your a shrimper after al.

The fact you think you can get someone banned from Roots Hall from a comment on here makes anything you say far from credible

It's quite simple we have a good squad in depth. Get rid of Corr and Barnard and please Mr Brown find us a striker even a crocked Freddie would do a better job.

Back