• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It doesn't actually say when they were told they have another 2 years there. Sainsburys can't start work until Fossetts Farm is complete (well 3 sides) and that will probably take a year to do, so even if we do start next month it will probably be ready by start of the 2015/16 season - 2 years away.

It doesn't actually say when they were told they have another 2 years there. Sainsburys can't start work until Fossetts Farm is complete (well 3 sides) and that will probably take a year to do, so even if we do start next month it will probably be ready by start of the 2015/16 season - 2 years away.

Sainsburys will start when we start, the project is phased so that both are built in tandem.

Really - how would this work? Would Sainsbury's focus on the roads and the areas where the college and parade of shops are located?

As long as the stadium itself is not touched, I guess Sainsbury's can do what they like

Really - how would this work? Would Sainbury's focus on the roads and the areas where the college and parade of shops are located?

The store itself is going where the car park and the old college is so enabling works and the superstructure of the store can go on while we are still playing at roots hall, the plan I am told from the club is to have a temporary building for the club shop and the ticket office down by the north east corner while car park is being dug up.

Sainsburys will start when we start, the project is phased so that both are built in tandem.

Thats not my understanding oh how it was going to happen.

The phased plan is so that the stadium only has to have 3 sides before work can complete rather than totally completed as originally agreed.

That could mean of course they cant touch Roots Hall stadium and can start work elsewhere on the Roots Hall site like you say, but thats not how I understood how it was going to work.

At this point any progress will be welcomed but eyebrows will be raised if they start at Roots Hall before Fossetts, even if it isnt affecting the stadium.

The digging starts any day now. They said so about 6 Months ago. Just have to tie up a few loose ends. :'(
Yes indeed and to prove it here are the contractors, they are holding up the number of days they want to be paid in advance before starting though as apparently we don't pay our bills on time :whistling:
headerimages4.jpg

Yes indeed and to prove it here are the contractors, they are holding up the number of days they want to be paid in advance before starting though as apparently we don't pay our bills on time :whistling:
headerimages4.jpg

If these blokes built it would the stadium still be safe if anyone sneezed inside the ground:smile:

Thats not my understanding oh how it was going to happen.

The phased plan is so that the stadium only has to have 3 sides before work can complete rather than totally completed as originally agreed.

That could mean of course they cant touch Roots Hall stadium and can start work elsewhere on the Roots Hall site like you say, but thats not how I understood how it was going to work.

At this point any progress will be welcomed but eyebrows will be raised if they start at Roots Hall before Fossetts, even if it isnt affecting the stadium.

My understanding was in line with TrueBlue's - that building work at both sites will be in tandem with each other with the work on what is now the Roots Hall carpark commencing as soon as we're on site building at Fossetts Farm.

Don't see a problem myself, they have heavy plant, makita cordless drills and a trade account at B&Q

Any truth that Ron has purchased those Tata coaches and will convert them into the main stand?

I think they buy their tools from Dunton boot sale.

My understanding was in line with TrueBlue's - that building work at both sites will be in tandem with each other with the work on what is now the Roots Hall carpark commencing as soon as we're on site building at Fossetts Farm.

Need to check I guess, cant seem to find the planning application.

I guess that's worse if they are to begin in tandem.. So if the market have been told 2 years, no one on site at Fossetts for 2 years! To be fair, did anyone on here actually belive this project would be starting anytime soon? Me neither..

I spoke to a certain person at Roots Hall who said in his words 'the stadium will never be built in his lifetime' & 'due to health & safety regs in football, Roots Hall needs a major money spending exercise to bring it line with the forthcoming regs within 2 years or we cant play at roots hall anyway without shutting 2 of the four stands'

This person is very much in the know with stadium on goings & everybody knows who he is, but I cant put his name on here for certain reasons!

I spoke to a certain person at Roots Hall who said in his words 'the stadium will never be built in his lifetime' & 'due to health & safety regs in football, Roots Hall needs a major money spending exercise to bring it line with the forthcoming regs within 2 years or we cant play at roots hall anyway without shutting 2 of the four stands'

This person is very much in the know with stadium on goings & everybody knows who he is, but I cant put his name on here for certain reasons!

Hope you didn't hear this in the bar area :winking:

No real surprise and as much as you don't want it to be true it is hard to argue against it. Really hope something happens or I reckon we could be finished soon .... :'(:'(:'(

I guess that's worse if they are to begin in tandem.. So if the market have been told 2 years, no one on site at Fossetts for 2 years! To be fair, did anyone on here actually belive this project would be starting anytime soon? Me neither..

Well yes, actually, one of the directors is a client of mine, and he told me it would definitely be started soon. :smile:

Back