• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just seen goals on SSN... Timlin's 2nd is awesome! First is pretty tasty too. Eric and Harris' also good finishes. Nicely done boys!

Why is the Shrewsbury game on a Friday? Is it on TV or what. Friday must be hugely inconvenient for away fans

Didn't think we would get too much before the game with them unbeaten at home in the league and also scoring freely...on the drive my son even jokingly said it was 500-1 for a 5-0 Southend win.We really really kept our shape today and played with width. Leonards long throws threw them into panic everytime but our finishing as clinical today...Timlins second was a cracker. No one deserves to be dropped after this game but I think we should go all out for the win on Friday and Hall should come in for Kane. Lets hope that Harris kicks on now that he is off the mark. Kalala was great and adds much needed bite to the midfield.Strangest home crowd I have ever seen...football grounds with running tracks are not good.Can't wait for Friday...I hope we really go at them, the confidence at present within the squad must be high.

Why is the Shrewsbury game on a Friday? Is it on TV or what. Friday must be hugely inconvenient for away fans

Over the decades we have pulled in bigger crowds for friday night games than saturday afternoon kick offs, for various reasons which most fans are aware of. Who gives a damn about the Shrews fans?. If the match was on saturday afternoon, i doubt their away support would be double or more than the amount who are in attendance on friday.
Also if you were at the corresponding game last season, you'd recall that when the ginger minger (Harrold) took Mohsni out of the game, their fans sung 'let him die' etc. Disgraceful in this era, so lets hope the ones who turn up next week go home disappointed after we get 3 points off them.

very very pleasantly surprised!!!
Sounded very convincing on Blues Player. happy days, Harris on the scoresheet, players out that will have to fight for their places, whole squad performing. 10 games in, early days, but well in the mix. Long may it continue.

Great win today..but think Ryan Hall should be in starting 11..without doubt one the best players we got

Would be very foolish to change the team for Friday, 0 - 4 against the team who were second tells us that we did everything right. Having issues with our style of play at home it would make sense to say - lets do exactly what we did at Rotherham. Dropping anyone sends out the wrong message, it was a magnificent team performance and they all deserve their places. We shouldn't under value competition for places. Timlin, Dickinson and Leonard were the stand outs but everyone worked well as a unit. Harris' football brain but lack of pace were both on show so playing him deeper does make sense but not just yet as we should keep today's formula. I'd like to mention the group hug after Harris's goal and that the tram from Sheffield train station is more like a rollercoaster. Top day out (well, 90 minutes of the 11 and half hours but well worth it).

0-4 at rotherham! BRILLIANT
someone let sky sports know about the 2nd vs 3rd! I NEED TO WATCH THIS GAME!!!!

Great win today..but think Ryan Hall should be in starting 11..without doubt one the best players we got

Why should he start? He maybe one of the best players we have (on paper) but how could you possible drop someone after a win like that.

Besides Hall was as shocking as the rest of the midfield last Saturday against Plymouth, so I say give these players another go and leave Hall on the bench.

I also think it'll be a good message to yesterdays starting 11 and it should also ensure they maintain that performance when they look at the bench.

That's only my opinion though

Being the eternal pessimist I have managed to find a negative concerning Timlin's performance yesterday, which I don't think any one else has considered. Of course he is not ours and only on loan until January, I think. So, the problem is, if he keeps playing as well as he did yesterday, is Di Canio going to consider re-integrating him into the Swindon side when his loan spell is over?

Being the eternal pessimist I have managed to find a negative concerning Timlin's performance yesterday, which I don't think any one else has considered. Of course he is not ours and only on loan until January, I think. So, the problem is, if he keeps playing as well as he did yesterday, is Di Canio going to consider re-integrating him into the Swindon side when his loan spell is over?

Exactly what I was thinking...

I'm not really convinced that Di Canio is the kind of bloke who has changes of heart! I was lead to believe it had been made clear Timlin was well out of consideration and hence the loan (do we already have an option for January?). Di Canio just probably thinks he's a success because we are some little tin-pot team struggling a relegation battle still!

Harris thrilled to bag first Blues goal

NEIL Harris was full of smiles after finally scoring his first Southend United goal during Saturday’s 4-0 romp at Rotherham United.

More...

Why should he start? He maybe one of the best players we have (on paper) but how could you possible drop someone after a win like that.

Besides Hall was as shocking as the rest of the midfield last Saturday against Plymouth, so I say give these players another go and leave Hall on the bench.

I also think it'll be a good message to yesterdays starting 11 and it should also ensure they maintain that performance when they look at the bench.

That's only my opinion though
but its an opinion that makes sense on every level

if we all swot up on anti fascist songs from WW2 and the Spanish Civil War and tweek them to feature Timlin's name - no way will he ever go back to work for that Nazi then!

This site is all too keen on our knocking players.
Silly to talk about players being left out after one great result.

Yes I would keep a winning side unchanged but we won the last 2 before this and the likes of Grant and Hall and Ferdinand got us up to 6th place.

The only weakness I can see is the headless Mohsni and I think he is too reckless to be anywhere near even the bench.
Shrewsbury next are a fair side but not unbeatable if we get off to a good tempo start at home.:smile:

Back