• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
You know the drill :smile:

So, who from last night's team forced their way into the starting lineup? This could be the most unanimous opinion ever!

Score predictions?

Oxley,
Demetriou, White, Ferdinand, Hendrie,
McGlashan, Leonard, Timlin, Kightly,
Cox, MAF

Subs: Smith, Kiernan, Kyprianou, Yearwood, McLaughlin, Ba, Robinson

Only change to the 18 being Ba in place of Bridge.

No one who started on Saturday did their chances any harm last night and no one who came in last night did themselves any favours.

Oxley,
Cox, MAF

No one who started on Saturday did their chances any harm last night and no one who came in last night did themselves any favours.

I'd go with that too. Bridge or Ba being the only consideration.

What is going on with Bridge though? He's been touted to other clubs, and rumoured to be out of favour, but still made the bench for our openning 2 games, however didn't get any pitch time?

Oxley,
Cox, MAF

Yep 100% agree

Oxley,
Cox, MAF

Monotonous as it is, I'll have some of this too Sam. Good shout.

Many said, before yesterdays match, that we have a big enough squad with quality in reserve and promising youths. Newport may have proven this to be wrong but I wouldn't take too much from last nights game. It was a poor showing generally and almost too poor to be credible. I have doubt that the club took the match seriously and I believe they shed no tears at our defeat. Some of the players, that came into the side for last nights fitness fixture, should only be judged when they are involved in match where the team are trying to be competitive. Our League Cup exploits show two victories in eleven seasons, a lot of indifferent performances and disappointing results. I do not see it as anything else than the lack of desire to put a smallish squad through more matches than necessary and the LC being seen as a trifling distraction.

Oxley,
Cox, MAF

Quite right-I don't think anyone would want to change Saturday's winning line-up but I did think that last night McL on the left had a better game than McG on the right. When Demetriou lays the ball past the fullback for McG to use his exceptional speed to run onto,why on earth does he keep stopping?

Quite right-I don't think anyone would want to change Saturday's winning line-up but I did think that last night McL on the left had a better game than McG on the right. When Demetriou lays the ball past the fullback for McG to use his exceptional speed to run onto,why on earth does he keep stopping?

Because sometimes the ball gets in his way?

Touch and go if i can get up to Rotherham on Saturday, will be racing around at work to be able to leave before 12pm, can i ask people's thoughts on getting tickets at the gate up there ? No idea of our allocation.

Touch and go if i can get up to Rotherham on Saturday, will be racing around at work to be able to leave before 12pm, can i ask people's thoughts on getting tickets at the gate up there ? No idea of our allocation.

You'd have no problem paying on the day.

To be quite honest, we had a team good enough to win Tuesday night, but our second eleven is a mill miles away from our 1st team squad. Also we have players who will come in and replace those that are playing now. PB said he wanted to look at players who were in the second eleven, well hes looked, lets hope we dont get to many injuries.

:winking::winking:

Nobody going to stick their neck out with a score prediction?

I hope we score early. I'd almost forgotten how nerve wracking it is when we're playing poorly. I was touching cloth waiting for the first goal on Tuesday. Sad to say but when Newport scored my nerves relaxed a touch as long and bitter history shows we often go on to lose in those situations :sad:

Back