• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1, Heat 11 - The Walking Dead v The A-Team

Walking Dead or A-Team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Walking Dead is just sheer brilliance. I even liked series 2 which went off the boil.

I can't wait for the finale on Friday, the Governer is just an absolute ****, Michone is just a ninja assasin, whilst Darryl is just one of THE greatest characters ever in TV history. It would be a travesty if TWD didn't make the next round, as even with rose tinted glasses, the A-Team is pony.

I had to think real hard about this one. I decided TWD in the end as I'm really into it at the moment, and The A Team I don't even watch the re-runs as it has aged to the point that I can no longer enjoy it like I did when I was a boy.

Sometimes you have to step out of the past.

The Walking Dead is just sheer brilliance. I even liked series 2 which went off the boil.

I can't wait for the finale on Friday, the Governer is just an absolute ****, Michone is just a ninja assasin, whilst Darryl is just one of THE greatest characters ever in TV history. It would be a travesty if TWD didn't make the next round, as even with rose tinted glasses, the A-Team is pony.

I loved The A-Team as a boy, but made the mistake of watching an episode a few years ago. It hasn't aged well at all.

Still voted for it though.

Amazing show. Explosions, bombs, machine guns but no one ever got killed. the A Team all the way for me.

Difficult. Loved A Team as a boy, but it hasn't aged well. But gave up with TWD after first series as it didn't seem to be offering anything new. So on the grounds that A Team is still being ground out, but I suspect TWD wont see much Dave action, I shall vote A Team.

I must say I chose the A team as the walking dead was already taken! I love both shows but the A team has a certain nostalgia value from my youth and it was such a cool programme. The cast were just perfect, 4 amazingly different characters who had an awesome chemistry on screen. The stunts, the music, the humour, all made it a wonderful show. Has been described as a live action cartoon and I think that is apt. Also led to some great toys which I had as a kid, the iconic A team van being a staple of many an 80s kids toy collection.

Yes it was corny at times and often formulaic but it was damn good entertainment, not having to resort to explicit language or sex to spice it up. It also didnt outstay its welcome, 5 seasons of tip top tv!

Oh and one of the greatest theme tunes ever back in the day when drama's actually had proper theme tunes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back