• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1 Heat 14

Who is the Best Song Writer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
The last heat of the week brings together the battle between,

Gary Barlow - Stats v Bruce Springsteen - pickledseal

Over to the Zoner's to decide.

The Boss might be a pinko pantywaist politically, but you just can't go wrong with 'The River', 'Downbound Train' and the whole of the 'Nebraska' album.

Jesus H Christ this is like Man Utd vs Southend High School for disabled deaf girls under 11's. WTF is that fat pie eater doing in this competition.

Vote Barlow....

:winking:

Vote The Boss, not just because he is a pinko pantywaist politically, but also because you just can't go wrong with 'The River', 'Downbound Train' and the whole of the 'Nebraska' album.

Take That are an abomination, Barlow is a ****, and everything he's ever written is sub-standard schoolboy doggerel of the very worst kind. I can't believe we're talking about him in the same context as The Boss. I'm going to stop now...

[video=youtube;RsRNqF0CbC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6KkP76slY[/video]

On a rattlesnake speedway in the Utah desert, I pick up my money and head back into town
Driving cross the Waynesboro county line, I got the radio on and I'm just killing time
Working all day in my daddy's garage, driving all night chasing some mirage
Pretty soon little girl I'm gonna take charge

The dogs on Main Street howl 'cause they understand
If I could take one moment into my hands
Mister I ain't a boy, no I'm a man, and I believe in a promised land

I've done my best to live the right way, I get up every morning and go to work each day
But your eyes go blind and your blood runs cold, sometimes I feel so weak I just want to explode
Explode and tear this whole town apart, take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
Find somebody itching for something to start

There's a dark cloud rising from the desert floor, I packed my bags and I'm heading straight into the storm
Gonna be a twister to blow everything down, that ain't got the faith to stand its ground
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted

oh ****:blush::blush::blush::'(

could a mod correct my vote please!

oh ****:blush::blush::blush::'(

could a mod correct my vote please!

I will make a mental note about it if it is needed in the final total......we know you really have a soft spot for Gary B anyway.

The Boss just for this....

[video=youtube;LmL8gWgZz0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmL8gWgZz0A&feature=related[/video]

"Live in Dublin", is one of THE best live albums ever.

There's been some really poor rounds in this and then you get a great pairing, worthy of a much later round. I know Gary Barlow is probably the antithesis of what you blokes want in a songwriter but you really can't ignore his ability...."Never Forget" is one of the biggest anthems of all time

I know Gary Barlow is probably the antithesis of what you blokes want in a songwriter but you really can't ignore his ability...."Never Forget" is one of the biggest anthems of all time
I can ignore his 'ability', and I will - he's an atrocious songwriter, an absolute joke. Music for 11 year old girls, and 11 year old girls at heart. A talentless ****** who isn't fit to lick the boots of any other person nominated in this battle - end of.

Thanks for all the support for the Boss, I was unable to post anything yesterday due to my ****ing Taptalk issues.... I'll be pulling out all the stops in the next round to see Bruce continue as far as he should in this contest.

I have so many favourite lines, but when I was stuck in traffic at Gallows Corner yesterday, this one came to mind:
"The highway was jammed with broken heroes on a last-chance power drive..."

[video=youtube;hKhwqhbF3tc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKhwqhbF3tc[/video]

Back