• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1: Heat 6: The Stone Roses vs Reign In Blood

Which Album ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
I've been waiting patiently for this one since the draw was made (all of two days :doh:) ... Genre's collide as do two of my favourite albums of all time, despite that you'd have to be Criminally Insane to not know which way my vote would go, but its up to you to decide the outcome ...

The Stone Roses eponymus debut (MK Shrimper) or Brettie Angells Reign In Blood from Slayer ... analys the evidence Piece By Piece and cast your votes :headbang:

It's the fookin Roses man!!!!!! The Beatles were my first musical love but this album defined when I first felt part of a musical movement - the sounds, the clothes, the haircuts. Everything about this album and band touched my life and it still sounds as good today.

Without wishing to put the Fatshrimp kiss of death on one of the outstanding albums in the competition, I'm going for the Roses.

Fantastic album, from a brilliant band. Every song is a winner. I would love to see this in the final, kicking the backside of Pink Floyd.

While I don't mind a bit of metal once in a while, you can't deny that The Stone Roses eponynous debut was groundbreaking. It mixed the beats of dance (via Reni's incredible drumming and Mani's bass) with the guitars of Indie Rock via the skill of John Squire. Mix in Ian Brown and you have an album with some gob-smackingly great songs such as She Bangs The Drum, Waterfall or I am The Ressurection.

Always in the top 10 of any greatest album lists, The Stone Roses deserves to go all the way and put up a good fight against these 60's/70's megoliths!

Vote The Stone Roses, you know it makes sense :)

Stone Roses for me. That album is superb, every track is great and Waterfall is one of my favourite songs of all time. Not to mention Mani's bass on I Am The Ressurection.

As for metal, I'm disappointed no-one nominated the RatM debut album.

Slayer.jpg

The Stone Roses was the most amazing fresh sounding album of the time - completely brilliant in an era of amazing British creativity when so much good stuff was going on. It changed the whole music scene and made Britain and Manchester great. I don't know too much about Slayer but that's a lot to compete with.....

I'm suprised that at least three people have confessed to a penchant for sleeveless denim jackets.

Reign in Blood was always on a hiding to nothing here however I voted for it as I own it and don't own The Stone Roses (I do have Second Coming which is a decent album but presumably not in the same class).

Reign in Blood was always on a hiding to nothing here however I voted for it as I own it and don't own The Stone Roses (I do have Second Coming which is a decent album but presumably not in the same class).

That is the general consensus but I think 'Second Coming' was a superb album and I find myself playing it more often than the eponymous debut. 'Love Spreads' stands up to anything on the first album.

That is the general consensus but I think 'Second Coming' was a superb album and I find myself playing it more often than the eponymous debut. 'Love Spreads' stands up to anything on the first album.

Indeed, some great tracks on it. Ten Story Love Song for example.

We are now up to four sleeveless denim jacket owners.

Enough for a game of Dungeons and Dragons.

Last edited:
The Stone Roses suck balls I could have lost to something decent!

Anyway I'm repping the metal and thats all that counts!

Reign in Blood was released in 1986 and is still considered one of if not the best thrash album of all-time!

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!

RAINING BLOOD

ANGEL OF DEATH

Last edited:
The Stone Roses suck balls I could have lost to something decent!

Anyway I'm repping the metal and thats all that counts!

Reign in Blood was released in 1986 and is still considered one of if not the best thrash album of all-time!

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!

RAINING BLOOD

ANGEL OF DEATH

Lol, I was keeping this battle friendly as well! Might have to take the gloves off... ;)

Or perhaps I'll save the big guns for a real battle
:p :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYplo6ioyIk[/url]

Of course i'm impartial in all of this, but you'd have to be Criminally Insane not to vote for

SLAYER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back