• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was there to see all of those cup ties, happy days. No segregation whatsoever and no troubles.

You're not wrong there. I miss those days where fellow fans from places like Cardiff would visit Roots Hall and have a jolly good day out with no trouble at all. The memory of those happy Welsh faces shouting pleasantries to us from the other side of a wire fence will stay with me forever I'm sure.

1951-52 v Bristol Rovers Home won 2-1
1955-56 v Manchester City Home lost 0-1
1956-57 v Birmingham City Home lost 1-6
1968-69 v Mansfield Town away lost 1-2
1975-76 v Cardiff City home won 2-1
1992-93 v Huddersfield away won 2-1
2006-07 v Tottenham away lost 1-3
2007-08 v Barnsley home lost 0-1

Now this really is an age thing......

I was too young for the first three but I was at 4 of the last 5 (missed Cardiff)

So how many have you seen?

4 the same as you DoDTS, only i missed Huddersfield.

You're not wrong there. I miss those days where fellow fans from places like Cardiff would visit Roots Hall and have a jolly good day out with no trouble at all. The memory of those happy Welsh faces shouting pleasantries to us from the other side of a wire fence will stay with me forever I'm sure.

Somewhat different in the 1976 4th Rd!

who can forget the Collymore inspired Huddersfield game or the way he kept us up (with help from the others of course)

I forgot to mention that easily the best 4th round match out of all that I've seen was the Man City game.

I forgot to mention that easily the best 4th round match out of all that I've seen was the Man City game.
My dad went to this game and said although the pitch was very bad that day it was a great game and Bert Trautmann was brilliant on the day

And their Swansea cousins in the 1st round .

we sent our welsh "cousins",back to the valleys,very unhappy that day,in the southbank..dave got his very old sufc "tophat".painted,with rosette,early 60s, got it from his dad,all smashed up,real sad,the tophat would now be in a museum...was at the first 2 games 68-69 (king.l & bwood),but was not allowed to go to swindon, my mum took me to see the jungle book instead!!!!:nope:..but i still love her 4ever...saw the first 3 games75-76,but was not allowed ,again, to watch the cardiff game:blush:,this time, not my mum!!!

Reaching the fourth round of the cup is a great acheivement, from what I can see (please let me know if I missed any) we have only reached this stage eight times previously since the war. They are:

1951-52 v Bristol Rovers Home won 2-1
1955-56 v Manchester City Home lost 0-1
1956-57 v Birmingham City Home lost 1-6
1968-69 v Mansfield Town away lost 1-2

Now this really is an age thing......

I was too young for the first three but I was at 4 of the last 5 (missed Cardiff)

So how many have you seen?

Three, Huddersfield, Spurs and Barnsley

I went to the first 3 matches although I dont remember much about the first one at Sutton Road
UTB

we sent our welsh "cousins",back to the valleys,very unhappy that day,in the southbank..dave got his very old sufc "tophat".painted,with rosette,early 60s, got it from his dad,all smashed up,real sad,the tophat would now be in a museum...was at the first 2 games 68-69 (king.l & bwood),but was not allowed to go to swindon, my mum took me to see the jungle book instead!!!!:nope:..but i still love her 4ever...saw the first 3 games75-76,but was not allowed ,again, to watch the cardiff game:blush:,this time, not my mum!!!
They didn't let you out for the Cardiff game???? You were needed that day in the 4th round. Fantastic win, brilliant atmosphere and the usual "banter" after!!!

Huddersfield and Spurs. Leeds Rd a great ground.
Leeds Road was a proper traditional ground,and although modern stadia has much better facilities they just dont have the character of old grounds like Leeds Road

Back