• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bernie Friend

Schoolboy
Just a reminder that Roy McDonough will be signing copies of his book, Red Card Roy, in Southend on Saturday.

Waterstones 11am

Roots Hall club shop 1pm

Then, I'm sure you'll find him in the bar!

Cheers

Have almost finished the book in a day on holiday - a great read - brings to life the first era of Southend that I remember !

I misread this thread first of all as "Roy McDonough Signs" - thought jeez I know we're after some signings but to bring the Donut back at the age of 73??!!! :smile: Mind you he'd be a good replacement for Mohsni, he'd make Bilel look like a pussycat!!! :winking:

Gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted. gutted, gutted, gutted. gutted, gutted, gutted. gutted, gutted, gutted

Can someone PLEASE post a vid of the legend being presented to the crowd beforehand. AND I hope he gets a fantastic reaction.

Is it too late to sign him on ?

Gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted, gutted. gutted, gutted, gutted. gutted, gutted, gutted. gutted, gutted, gutted

Can someone PLEASE post a vid of the legend being presented to the crowd beforehand. AND I hope he gets a fantastic reaction.

Is it too late to sign him on ?

Without wishing to rub salt into the deep cut, you missed one hell of a night! John Motson was surprisingly brilliant & funny. As for some of Roy's stories later on were hysterical!

Credit to the club for laying on a brilliant event. Motty's a fantastic speaker and full of funny anecdotes. As for Donut - an absolute legend! My night was topped off nicely by winning 2nd prize in the raffle. Thanks SUFC!

I was only young when Roy played for us in his second spell at club but always enjoyed watching him,a real character and defiantly a cult hero!

Yes I heard roumors of a 6am jobby!

God the days of all nighters are long gone for me pal .. i believe Messers Campbell and Strutt MAY have a different tale to tell mind :winking:

My last recollection was going outside at The Railway to grab some air and falling in a cab (i didn't order it as i checked my phone so i'm presuming i hijacked it :stunned:)

next thing i remember is Daniel knocking on the front door at 9am and then again on my bedroom door at 2:15pm asking if we were going football yet

:tumbleweed:

God the days of all nighters are long gone for me pal .. i believe Messers Campbell and Strutt MAY have a different tale to tell mind :winking:

My last recollection was going outside at The Railway to grab some air and falling in a cab (i didn't order it as i checked my phone so i'm presuming i hijacked it :stunned:)

next thing i remember is Daniel knocking on the front door at 9am and then again on my bedroom door at 2:15pm asking if we were going football yet

:tumbleweed:

Good night then lol

Back