• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread 2024

Sorry could not find Running thread for zoners, so opened new one for 2024 if ok Mods, please merge if not

I have just signed up for Queen Elizabeth half on 3/3/24, fits in perfect for London marathon training, any one else signed up ? Also the Winter 10k run in Feb, always a good atmosphere, maybe looking at Lydd 20 miler in March as well if can get dog sitter lol

Got Benfleet 15 in two weeks always a great mental/Physical test any other fools on here running it lol

No races booked in for me this year yet - I'm still working my way back to full fitness from a long injury lay-off last year. I have just signed up for Park Run for the first time though, and I'm looking forward to doing the Chalkwell Beach run every week starting this Saturday.

No races booked in for me this year yet - I'm still working my way back to full fitness from a long injury lay-off last year. I have just signed up for Park Run for the first time though, and I'm looking forward to doing the Chalkwell Beach run every week starting this Saturday.

Good that your fit enough to run again although this time of year is very popular for first timers at Park run and last Saturday at Chalkwell it had 520 so with it being an out and back along the front it is very busy.

Personally I prefer Gunners or even Hockley as long as not too wet under foot.

Good that your fit enough to run again although this time of year is very popular for first timers at Park run and last Saturday at Chalkwell it had 520 so with it being an out and back along the front it is very busy.

Personally I prefer Gunners or even Hockley as long as not too wet under foot.
Yeah, I was down Chalkwell beach with my dog last Saturday at 9:30 and it was heaving with runners - I like it like that though, a nice atmosphere, and TBH Chalkwell is the only Park Run I can get to without driving and I'd much rather go on foot. Might try Gunners one week for a change though.

I’m in for the Colchester Zoo Stampede and London Landmarks Half Marathon at the moment.

Looking to add more, primarily local ones with the wife and kids. Even better if they are buggy friendly too. The youngest is almost old enough to go in the running buggy.

I’m in for the Colchester Zoo Stampede and London Landmarks Half Marathon at the moment.

Looking to add more, primarily local ones with the wife and kids. Even better if they are buggy friendly too. The youngest is almost old enough to go in the running buggy.
It wouldn't be much of a stampede if I entered. It'd be more of a saunter.

My eldest turned 4 on Monday, so we got him some running trainers for his birthday, and registered him with parkrun.

Yesterday, he actually wanted to go out for a run to test him new trainers. Just a lap round the block, just over 200m, but he loved it 🥰 Ran the whole thing too.

Trying him at junior parkrun on Sunday.

My eldest turned 4 on Monday, so we got him some running trainers for his birthday, and registered him with parkrun.

Yesterday, he actually wanted to go out for a run to test him new trainers. Just a lap round the block, just over 200m, but he loved it 🥰 Ran the whole thing too.

Trying him at junior parkrun on Sunday.
What a great way to keep fit and meet new friends .

So is it just me being the stupid one and running Benfleet 15 Sunday or any other Shrimpers going to tackle the easy course !!!!:ROFL:

If any one watching I'm number 28 and will be near the back of the field, wearing a Phoenix Striders yellow running top lol

So is it just me being the stupid one and running Benfleet 15 Sunday or any other Shrimpers going to tackle the easy course !!!!:ROFL:

If any one watching I'm number 28 and will be near the back of the field, wearing a Phoenix Striders yellow running top lol
I'm running it as well, will be my third year, I'm number 8. Looking forward to it.

How was the Benfleet 15 @Dave Smiths Love Child & @KrustyTheKray ? Never been in the slightest bit tempted with that one 😂

My eldest & I did Maldon junior parkrun this morning. I told him to run, when your legs are tired to walk, but never stop. He did superbly. Final finisher, but he only turned 4 on Monday. 2km is quite a long way at that age. Did really well though, so proud of him.

Was by far the easiest for conditions in regards to mud, and the wind wasnot as bad as previous years, though I swear the hills have eroded and got steeper !!!
Got a PB by 7 minutes so that tells you how much it was easier for me, could have gone faster but my running mate was suffering so ran with him till mile 12 then he told me to go on

You must give it a go BW, its a terrific event and once in it, you will want to come back again

How was the Benfleet 15 @Dave Smiths Love Child & @KrustyTheKray ? Never been in the slightest bit tempted with that one 😂

My eldest & I did Maldon junior parkrun this morning. I told him to run, when your legs are tired to walk, but never stop. He did superbly. Final finisher, but he only turned 4 on Monday. 2km is quite a long way at that age. Did really well though, so proud of him.

So my eldest has now done 4 junior parkruns and is getting into it which is good to see. More walking than running, but he is enjoying it.

My youngest was 6 months old on Friday, so able to go in the running buggy. We went out on Friday as a little test run for 35 minutes and he slept for most of it, and we did Maldon parkrun on Saturday, and again he slept for most of it too.

Bloody trains down on both C2C and Liverpool Street this coming week end so giving up my place for winter 10 k to daughters boyfriend.
Hoping 3/3 they are ok as got QE2 half at London stadium

Is anyone doing the London Landmarks Half Marathon tomorrow?

My first of the year, and I’m definitely not fit. Not done the distance since October last year in the Chelmsford Half.

Back