• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam Barratt

He's had a decent season! He's always one that fans were desperate to see do well for us, myself included. Originally the problem was that he couldn't get on the pitch through injury but then when we got relegated from league 1 and when he was fit towards the end of that season he couldn't get in the team. It always seems that he's one that might of got away.

If this guy stays in the national league he will rip us another one big time.

Don't know if this has been posted in any other thread for Sam but he signed a two year extension at Maidenhead.

Pretty surprised by this after the season he has had, there would've been offers. Good on him for being content and just wanting that to continue.

Don't know if this has been posted in any other thread for Sam but he signed a two year extension at Maidenhead.

Pretty surprised by this after the season he has had, there would've been offers. Good on him for being content and just wanting that to continue.
He might have given up in his mind on the EFL. He enjoys doing his crafts alongside football so is likely enjoying having the time to do so. Let us also not forget that his knee injury was pretty damn awful and he was very lucky to get the chance to continue playing. Perhaps he's thinking that his surgically repaired knee can no longer take the rigours of the full-time game.

He might have given up in his mind on the EFL. He enjoys doing his crafts alongside football so is likely enjoying having the time to do so. Let us also not forget that his knee injury was pretty damn awful and he was very lucky to get the chance to continue playing. Perhaps he's thinking that his surgically repaired knee can no longer take the rigours of the full-time game.

Yes, and perhaps he's enjoying a stay at a club where he seems to be universally adored and feels very comfortable. Maybe in a year's time, with a lot more confidence, he might consider a move which attracts a fee.

Good to see the lad enjoying his football and getting back to fitness. He chose well, going to Maidenhead, maybe he said good things about it to Emile also? I know people say we shouldn’t have let Sam leave but he needed to go, he would’ve been under way too much pressure and expectation here.

I like Sam, I was so gutted for him that it didn't work out with us because of that horrendous injury. Not usually a fan of getting players back at the club but I would have welcomed Sam back with open arms (if we were in any position to sign players of course)

Must be the day for wingers rejoining old clubs. He’s rejoined Maidenhead.

Best of luck Sam (except when you play us)

Back