• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam Mantom

Now captaining Hemel Hempstead Town in the Conference south
Like Dieng. Both had ability and would be okay in a winning team but didn't have the desire to make it happen. Some players set the level, others drop down to those they are playing with. Compare these two with the likes of Mark Bentley and Nicky Bailey, both of whom came from non league and grasped the mettle, driving others forward in the process.

I always criticise others for saying ‘he would be a good player at this level’, but surely Sam Mantoc is capable of playing at a higher level than the conference South, And would be a no-brainer for most league two sides.

I thought he lost a lot of confidence in his own ability, so, if he needs to go non league to re-discover his confidence, then he's going the right way about it.

I always criticise others for saying ‘he would be a good player at this level’, but surely Sam Mantoc is capable of playing at a higher level than the conference South, And would be a no-brainer for most league two sides.
I strongly suspect that he has a good source of income/profession outside football and doesn’t need the enhanced income that full-time League One football would bring him.

.....and joined Rushall Olympic, a division lower - despite being Hemel's captain last season. Still only 30. Has clearly given up on the professional game in a big way.

I heard he works for Amazon over in Tilbury. Must have moved on from there if he’s moving closer to his family.

.....and joined Rushall Olympic, a division lower - despite being Hemel's captain last season. Still only 30. Has clearly given up on the professional game in a big way.

He has gone back to Rushall again then - went there in 2020.… it’s near Walsall - he is from the West Midlands.

Back