• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis has left the building...thank God

Long live Sammy Shrimper

Wasn't there an ad asking for volunteers? I guess no one answered the call :thumbdown:

It's a shame as for all the criticism they come in for the kids love them.
I have some vague recall of the club saying they were going to "re-vamp" one of the mascots

It's a shame as for all the criticism they come in for the kids love them.
I have some vague recall of the club saying they were going to "re-vamp" one of the mascots

Think they already did that, Sammy became a lot more pink in his last appearance.

Strangely enough I don't remember seeing him for a while. Was he out in the pitch today?

No idea, I'm on holiday so didn't go to the game, I've not seen him this season though, this was towards the end of last season.

There is a new Sammy, Danny Macklin didn't have the funding to reinvent both costumes so they kind of phased Elvis out. Don't know what's happened to Sammy, they did put out a request for volunteers, I guess no-one ever volunteered....it's a real shame because the kids do love Sammy. I know he wasn't at either of our more recent Junior Blues events either. I will ask some questions though.

Sammy new version wrong shirt.jpg

Actually they only got to see around 60 minutes of the game for free

THis is not the only thing that has fizzled out since Danny left.

Danny told me that the half time draw was being re-vamped (wef todays game - the delay from when he told me was due to insurance reasons) with a new half time challenge with a car as a prize (like what we had a few years ago until two fans won in quick succession and the prize was down graded to a match ball). I stopped buying the tickets when the car prize was dropped, not because of the prize change but because of the chance going to go on the pitch and make a **** of myself

I suspect that there are a few things that have dropped down the plug hole of late - Ron is seemingly just focused on the new ground plus staring at PB until he's done his post match interview, and the rest of the club staff behind the scenes are doing their best but without real leadership

I think we need a funnier Sammy. If you watch American Football(NFL), some of the mascots are hilarious.

[video=youtube;geRQuiLnFJg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geRQuiLnFJg[/video]

Back