• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News sawyer deal complete

I didn't realise it was not complete!

However, the fact he has been given cup permission already is very good news. Bodes well for the future!

Didn't know it wasn't complete either.

Given permission to play in the JT Trophy, League Cup, FA Cup unless against Chelsea. I hope we get Chelsea in the JT Trophy! :D

The club seemingly has that little news to post, that they decide to put that confirmation up. Or "conformation" as the website, non spell checked, version says. Perhaps they think they can trick us into thinking we've made 2 signings? ;)

Not as bad as the article for Meet the Blues day where we are due to admire the side stools.

Not a pleasent thought.

Given permission to play in the JT Trophy, League Cup, FA Cup unless against Chelsea.

Yes and I think the fact that Sawyer wasn't allowed to play in the Carling Cup or FA Cup for us last season when he was on loan is a pretty clear indication that Chelsea will be open to letting him leave permanently in January.

:clap:

Haha pointless story covering up the complete lack of transfer activity. What next? "Roots Hall confirmed as home ground for this season".

old news rehashed as new news.

Its like reading the same sh*t about Michael Jackson each day!

The question should really be why the transfer needed ratification from The FA? When has a transfer ever been delayed by a week for ratification?

The question should really be why the transfer needed ratification from The FA? When has a transfer ever been delayed by a week for ratification?

I don't know for sure but I think the answer to the ratification question may well be something to do with your post earlier. As we do have a winding up petition open against us, even if it is more an administrative issue rather than an Administration one, we probably needed permission to sign players.

Given the rumours on this board that we couldn't complete the signing because there were serious money problems, I guess this news item now confirms that that wasn't ever the case, and is therefore worth publishing.

I don't know for sure but I think the answer to the ratification question may well be something to do with your post earlier. As we do have a winding up petition open against us, even if it is more an administrative issue rather than an Administration one, we probably needed permission to sign players.

Given the rumours on this board that we couldn't complete the signing because there were serious money problems, I guess this news item now confirms that that wasn't ever the case, and is therefore worth publishing.

I think your definitely on the right lines. My understanding was that we were unable to sign players at the moment due to the HMRC situation so it may be that we have struck a deal with them. This signing may herald some further good news.

I think your definitely on the right lines. My understanding was that we were unable to sign players at the moment due to the HMRC situation so it may be that we have struck a deal with them. This signing may herald some further good news.

The signing of players, whether they be permanent or loan based, is not effected by a HMRC winding up order being placed on a club. The only time a clubs ability to make signings of any nature would be hindered or stopped completely is if the agreed terms of repayment of the outstanding monies, reached between HMRC and the club in question, are breached in any way. A winding up petition in itself has no effect on a clubs ability to sign a player.

The signing of players, whether they be permanent or loan based, is not effected by a HMRC winding up order being placed on a club. The only time a clubs ability to make signings of any nature would be hindered or stopped completely is if the agreed terms of repayment of the outstanding monies, reached between HMRC and the club in question, are breached in any way. A winding up petition in itself has no effect on a clubs ability to sign a player.

I understand that completely. However, what I meant is that the signing of players had been suspended by HMRC until we had come to an agreement with them (the winding up petition was just a consequence of the repayment problems, not the reason for the player embargo). Therefore, I'm guessing that we have sorted out something with HMRC and that is why the deal went through today.

Back