• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scarborough

Just puts things into perspective for us when you hear the plight off other teams doesn't it? At least we have a healthyish (sp) club which seems to be heading in the right direction long term.

That will teach them to knock us out of the cup!!

Increadible considering they played Chelsea only a couple of years back!!

Terrbile news, cant see anyone comming into save them, they need a rich local lad really dont they!!

:( :( :cry:

I'll always have time for the Scarborough boys after they joined us in the away end at Grimsby (for that awful game). Really hope they can turn things round, or at the least that they can enter into administration but also deal with the points implication.

:(

A real shame, I had a great day out at Scarborough, 1st game of 98/99 season. What a false dawn that proved to be!

A real shame, I had a great day out at Scarborough, 1st game of 98/99 season. What a false dawn that proved to be!

I remember it well.

We'd just been relegated, and first fixture in division 4 was a trip up to Scarborough, who'd been in the play-offs the previous season. A good yard stick for how we'd fare in the basement we all thought, little realising that Scarborough were destined for the conference.

I remember it well.

We'd just been relegated, and first fixture in division 4 was a trip up to Scarborough, who'd been in the play-offs the previous season. A good yard stick for how we'd fare in the basement we all thought, little realising that Scarborough were destined for the conference.

Yep, stuffed 0-3 by Mansfield at the Hall the following Sat IIRC.
Thanks Alvin!

As much as this is a shame, it should also be a warning to fans of other clubs. This is what happens when you spend beyond your means. (That isn't to say Scarborough were negligent themselves (although it seems they were), but this is what happens when you are.)

Back